Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Weekday jewelry in the chasidish world 40+-just curiousity
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 12:26 am
I just got my first weekday piece of jewelry

I haven't gotten a real peice of jewelry in over 20 years

Now I'm trying not to feel bad I spent the money

[really it was a 'lower end' price range - $900 bracelt
[probably what grads buy...]
but I could never dream of spending this amount
of money on myself and today I got a gift and I'm literally floating]

so I'm just curious now-
which peices of weekday jewelry do you own?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 12:53 am
I think I chose the wrong time to post this question

amother
Opal

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 12:58 am
My jewelry is all real and my husband buys them I don’t have duplicates. He always saves to buy me

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 4:39 am
All my jewelry is real and precious to me. I only wear fake jewelry on Shabbos because I sometimes wear those big chunky earrings.

For weekday-
I wear diamond Flower studs given to me for my 25th birthday, a heart pendant necklace I got from my mother in-law, a pearl bracelet from my husband and my rings.

Enjoy your new bracelet!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 4:52 am
I wear my earrings and diamond bracelet all the time. My rings of course…
I used to wear a necklace but now I only wear for special occasions.
I’m in my upper 40’s.

ssspectacular

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 6:05 am
OP, what does chasidish matter in this post? What if I wrote- Do you have weekday jewelry? 40 year old MO. Does it make a difference?

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 6:14 am
ssspectacular wrote:
OP, what does chasidish matter in this post? What if I wrote- Do you have weekday jewelry? 40 year old MO. Does it make a difference?

I think it's cultural. In my affluent MO community, I don't think too many women wear such expensive jewelry.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 6:15 am
Yes, there are cultural nuances that aren't the same across the board.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 6:33 am
OP, enjoy it in good health!

To answer your question, I don’t own any real weekday jewelry - I wear cheap stuff for work, but it looks nice. I’m 45+ yeshivish. I don’t know anyone in my circles who wears real stuff during the week, but I have chassidishe cousins who are into real jewelry and it seems to be more of a common thing in their circles. Enjoy!!

happyone

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:17 am
Good for you OP..dont feel.guilty! Enjoy it in good health. It doesnt matter what others do or dont wear. If it makes you feel good, you deserve it and enjoy it.!

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:25 am
34 yeshivishe. I wear real jewelery during the week too. Mostly diamond. Nothing too ostentatious.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:28 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
OP, enjoy it in good health!

To answer your question, I don’t own any real weekday jewelry - I wear cheap stuff for work, but it looks nice. I’m 45+ yeshivish. I don’t know anyone in my circles who wears real stuff during the week, but I have chassidishe cousins who are into real jewelry and it seems to be more of a common thing in their circles. Enjoy!!

I don’t understand. Don’t most women wear their kallah bracelet for many years? I never heard of someone who only wears it on shabbos.
My kallah bracelet broke and after fixing it many times I got a new bracelet. Not right away. For about a year or 2 I wore a fake one that looked real but it actually bothered my husband and eventually he gifted me with a new (real) bracelet.

amother
Nemesia

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:31 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I don’t understand. Don’t most women wear their kallah bracelet for many years? I never heard of someone who only wears it on shabbos.
My kallah bracelet broke and after fixing it many times I got a new bracelet. Not right away. For about a year or 2 I wore a fake one that looked real but it actually bothered my husband and eventually he gifted me with a new (real) bracelet.

I didn’t get a kallah bracelet but if I did I would have worn only on shabbos. What do I need a diamond bracelet during the week for?

Simple1

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:36 am
Nothing real. I have so much other things to spend on first. Replace broken washing machine. Some furniture. Dental work. Luckily there's really nice cheap jewelery.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:38 am
happyone wrote:
Good for you OP..dont feel.guilty! Enjoy it in good health. It doesnt matter what others do or dont wear. If it makes you feel good, you deserve it and enjoy it.!

I’m about 40, not chassidish, don’t own too many expensive pieces of jewelry, but the above post is really all the answer you need. You do you!

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:48 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:

In my circles, the bracelets kallahs receive are usually too nice to be worn weekday. Maybe in the evening for special occasions and definitely for simchas and shabbos.

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 8:21 am
Chassidish here

I have real jewelry but I love my fakes even more

And wear close to none most of the time

Genius

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 9:00 am
I'm not forty yet and wear real weekday jewelry. Your purchase sounds reasonable to me. Enjoy it! Ps it's normal to second guess major purchases that were made only for you to be and feel beautiful. You deserve this!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 9:06 am
Enjoy, op!
Of course people buy and wear beautiful bracelets. Otherwise the stores wouldn’t be in business..
I know the feeling of having something new. It’s especially exciting now before yomtov. You deserve it!

amother
White

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 11:22 am
OP, you should enjoy your new jewelry and wear it with Mazel and good health.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics