Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Anyone else working today?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:05 am
I need to work erev yom tov all day. And Fridays. I feel so guilty leaving my kids. I feel like I'm the only Jewish mom working these times and leaving her kids. Anyone else in the same boat?

amother
Candycane

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:10 am
I was scheduled to work today but I woke up with mild sore throat and congestion. Our policy is you have to report any symptoms and get a covid test before going to work, so that means I'm off today.

Even when I do work erev shabbos or YT it's a half day. I dont know how I'd manage otherwise.

justforfun87

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:14 am
Yup. Working all day and chol hamoed. Thank gd my sister is helping to watch the kids. They were on screens all day yesterday while I cooked up a storm.

amother
Skyblue

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:41 am
I almost always work erev YT. But this year I happen to be on maternity leave and am very grateful for the break.

hodeez

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:43 am
Yup working each day that is not yomtov

lfab

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:44 am
Yup, at work all day today. I'll probably get home around 4ish. And isru chag. It is what it is. If I want to keep my job I can't take off for all the yomim tovim plus all the erevs and issues. You are definitely not the only one.

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:45 am
For many years, I worked in the food line. So that included Erev Shabbos, YT, Chol Hamoed. You're not alone, OP.

greenhelm

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:46 am
Working from home (thank goodness!) today. At least there’s no commute!

amother
Pansy

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:48 am
yes! Bh! And Chol hamoed and hoshana rabbA as well. BH I’m so fortunate to have a full time job!

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:51 am
No, thank goodness. I'm not a teacher but I work at an Israeli school, and being off every erev Yom Tov and isru chag is definitely a huge perk. I take my hat off to all of you working until late today. It is definitely not easy!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:52 am
I was supposed to take off today and I worked yesterday instead . But now I have an emergency meeting and will have to drop everything and work from 12-2. I woke up at 6 am trying to do as much as I can before 12.

Growing

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:54 am
You're not the only one....

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:55 am
My DD works in a Lakewood Daycare.

But only till 12.30.

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:57 am
Yes. It's really hard on me. I need to sleep in a bit today because I've been going to sleep so late but that's not happening. I also have to come home and put on new linen for the guests (linen is washing now), cook and roast the items that need to be made fresh, wash and set the sukkah table, and clean the bathrooms. Oh and shower and makeup.
I commiserate with you sister.

little neshamala

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:57 am
Yep, always work erev yom tov

watergirl

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 6:00 am
I’m working until 3:30 and wont be home until 4.

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 6:07 am
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
I almost always work erev YT. But this year I happen to be on maternity leave and am very grateful for the break.

Same here!

singleagain

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 6:10 am
Working. Except right now I'm waiting for my car to be done with an oil change bc of course I didn't plan well enough and left it for the last minute

amother
Clematis

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 6:57 am
Yup. And my kids are home. My daughter was crying to me Ma, stop working. In my community most women don't work. And the worst part, my husband does not appreciate it. Am I resentful? Yes. The weird part, I don't work for the $$.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:25 am
Yup working today as well (full-time). BH I can work from home.

I don't have kids, I don't even know how I'd manage.

I had a 6:30 AM appointment at the RE so I could put in 8+ hours of work today. In between work, I'm prepping to go the mikvah over yt. BH we're with family for yt...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics