Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Hendon

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 4:37 pm
Hi I would like to ask about London, we looking to move to LOndon from South Africa. What’s it like? How does it compare to edgware? The other place we considering. Is it snobby? Are there nesheis?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 4:45 pm
I recommend Edgware.

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 6:33 pm
Do you have kids? I would think about what schools are right for you/have room and then see what areas most families live. Sometimes there is crossover, sometimes there isn't much.

Otherwise think which shul is best

amother
Gardenia

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 7:34 pm
You can also start in one place and if it doesn't work for you or you don't like it, you can always move. . Hatzlocha!

amother
Peony

Post Sat, Sep 18 2021, 10:04 pm
I moved to Hendon recently and I love it. Very close to GG and everything convenient but the crowd here is very welcoming. There are all types.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 4:11 am
I would recommend you visit both places, stay for a bit in each and see which you feel fits you better. Do you have young children? Most people I know are in Edgeware and their parents are in Hendon or GG.
It will be a completely different environment and it might take some time getting used to. Are there people you know in either area that you can ask?
Think it might be easier to buy a house in Edgeware rather than Hendon but could be wrong. Wouldn't recommend you buy until you're sure where you want to be.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:36 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I recommend Edgware.

For what reasons?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:37 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Do you have kids? I would think about what schools are right for you/have room and then see what areas most families live. Sometimes there is crossover, sometimes there isn't much.

Otherwise think which shul is best

Yeah my oldest is gonna be 3 years old. I hear about Torah temima would want to try get in there. Shuls im unfamiliar with

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:38 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
I moved to Hendon recently and I love it. Very close to GG and everything convenient but the crowd here is very welcoming. There are all types.

Yeah it’s welcoming and not snobby?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:39 am
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
I would recommend you visit both places, stay for a bit in each and see which you feel fits you better. Do you have young children? Most people I know are in Edgeware and their parents are in Hendon or GG.
It will be a completely different environment and it might take some time getting used to. Are there people you know in either area that you can ask?
Think it might be easier to buy a house in Edgeware rather than Hendon but could be wrong. Wouldn't recommend you buy until you're sure where you want to be.

Yeah we planning to come visit but there’s so much u can see as an outsider and that’s why wanted to ask ppl who know more than me. I don’t know anyone really. We planning to rent

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For what reasons?

It has all levels of frumkeit and shuls, friendly people...I dunno, I just like it and others seem to also!

s c

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 9:11 am
Edgware is cheaper but most of your kids friends from schools like pardes, torah temimah and menorah etc are likely to live in Hendon and golders green. Socially/frumkeit wise there is every type in golders green and Hendon and you're likely to find your niche and the right shul for you. (I lump them together because they're near and like one big area socially on shabbos and yomtov for kiddushim and eating meals).I would spend a few shabbosim in each area trying out various shuls and seeing what fits before you buy. I don't know much about Edgware but it has grown hugely in the last few years and has all the same kosher shops and restaurant's etc as Hendon and golders green.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 3:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yeah my oldest is gonna be 3 years old. I hear about Torah temima would want to try get in there. Shuls im unfamiliar with

If your son is going to be three between September 2021 and September 2022 then your best chances of getting a place is to apply this autumn for school nursery September 2022. Otherwise the class may get full! Hatzlocha.

Kids from Torah Temima live in Hendon, Goldrs Green and Edgware. Though the majority of chareidi Edgware boys probably go to Tashbar

amother
Peony

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 4:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yeah it’s welcoming and not snobby?

Yes. If you do move here, reach out to me.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 12:06 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
Yes. If you do move here, reach out to me.

Thank you that’s sweet of you

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 12:07 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
If your son is going to be three between September 2021 and September 2022 then your best chances of getting a place is to apply this autumn for school nursery September 2022. Otherwise the class may get full! Hatzlocha.

Kids from Torah Temima live in Hendon, Goldrs Green and Edgware. Though the majority of chareidi Edgware boys probably go to Tashbar

Thanks good to know! Is it really hard to get in?

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 6:48 am
if you're living in Edgeware, the gg/hendon schools will not want to take you, since you have a very good option in Edgeware already.
Also, socially for your child, it's important that you live near their friends without requiring a whole drive every sunday for your kid to play for an hour by his friend.
Hendon is a very nice place, and like someone said - it's kind of the same as GG since they are so near to each other. There are all types and it's a friendly, happening place.
If you could tell us more about yourself - we could offer more advice.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 6:56 am
I love hendon my dh brother lives there and I always like the crowd out there it’s still city like if you want more chill I reccomend edgeware
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating