Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How much did you spend for sukkos food?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 10:15 am
We spent $500 on food for the first days of sukkos. My husband thinks most people spend much less but I dont think so. How much did you spend for food for the first 2 days of sukkos?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 10:16 am
Much more than that

meme6

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 10:18 am
Much more and I’m far from done

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 10:38 am
My order last night was $400 for last minute ingredients, perishables like yogurts/milk/cheese, little fancy paper goods to supplement what we have, plus pizza & ice cream cake for my son's birthday, some snacks that were on sale, some drinks to supplement to our stock, but we were cooking/freezing dishes for last 2 months, & stocking up on non-perishable items that were on sale or by Bingo, beforehand.

ETA, it didn't include meat/fish orders.

We are serving 2 adults & 4 kids under 10. Weekly is usually $300. This doesn't cover full week yet.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We spent $500 on food for the first days of sukkos. My husband thinks most people spend much less but I dont think so. How much did you spend for food for the first 2 days of sukkos?

Depends how many people you are

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 6:51 pm
Much More than that and we’re only four people

happy chick

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 6:54 pm
Close to $500, for approx 12-15 ppl. And I cook/prepare very simply. I could see for ppl who whip up a storm, would cost a ton more.

mom39

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 6:56 pm
Nothing - whatever you buy for shabbos and yomtov is free!

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 7:16 pm
Today alone I spent $500 and that was only for odds and ends and I’m still not done. I had already cooked all my main dishes , soups , desserts and cakes before Rosh Hashana.
In addition to that I’m having guests who are also bringing close to $600 worth of food just for the first days.
This year groceries are way more than it was last year .
I believe I spent about $1200 in food for the majority of Succos. Possibly more . We are a family of 7 of which 6 eat adult size portions. We also will be having an additional 4 people at the meals.

Sewsew_mom

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:13 pm
Forsure over 1k. Family of 6. But we were supposed to have company and in the end were not and were eating out a meal. I think I could have kept it at about 500$
Food went up a rediculous amount.
If your buying meat I feel like each piece I buy is at least 100 bux. So 4 meals boom. That's just meat.

justforfun87

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:21 pm
I've been feeling so guilty about the money spent. We are hosting 2 meals... just us for 1... and out for 1 and have spent like $550. It's insane!

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:48 pm
$64.19.
I had challah in the freezer (made a big batch last week), I'm not serving fish or soup, bought a package of chicken that I'm dividing for two meals. Eating the other two meals out.
I'll admit that I usually spend that plus more for just a shabbos, but I couldn't do more right now. Still excited for Yom Tov.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 9:17 pm
1000$ for just the first days.

450$ at the butcher
500$ at the supermarket
50$ paper goods

We are 8 people.

amother
Marigold

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 9:28 pm
We've already gone over 1k. We're 6 + we're hosting some family. I'm cooking for 16 people on 3 meals. Also my yeshiva bucher will be home for Chol hamoed, which is a considerable factor, lol.

Musband literally budgets all yomin tovim into our yearly budget because otherwise it would come as a shock.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 11:42 am
Yesterday was another $250 at diff supermarket after the $400 we spent day before.

I went there just to get the few items that the first one didn't have & ended up with a full order. (this order did include some meats)

I am also cooking for second days as well

Aurora

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 11:43 am
Too bleeping much. Food has gone up.

DVOM

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 12:02 pm
We are a family of seven, hosting 2 couples and their kids, an additional 12 people, for the first days. Hosting a different couple for Shabbos, an additional 8 people.

I think about 1,500$.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 4:00 pm
$300, family of 4 hosting 2 people, so 6 in total.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen