Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Anything I can do to salvage this?

Good Friend

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:00 pm
Help!
I made the Miriam Pascal brownie strudel bar that was in one of the Jewish magazines (I don't know which, someone had taken a picture of the recipe and sent it to me) In the magazine they accidentally omitted the sugar, which they corrected with a note in the next issue of the magazine. I was making it while distracted and forgot about the note and didn't notice that I didn't put sugar until it was already baked, a triple recipe. Anything I can do to save it?

Thanks!

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:02 pm
I guess taste it and see. If it's not to ur liking donate to someone on a sugar free diet

Good Friend

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:05 pm
I tasted it, it's really bitter, not enjoyable at all.

happy chick

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:11 pm
Oy, I'm so sorry. That's so disappointing. Maybe you can crumble it up to make the fancy layered cups or a trifle. When you crumble it, add regular sugar.

ETA - I'm not familiar with this recipe and I just re-read the whole post. Is it baked in the puff pastry? That might not work then. Or maybe you can take the brownie out from inside the puff pastry.

Good Friend

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:24 pm
happy chick wrote:
Oy, I'm so sorry. That's so disappointing. Maybe you can crumble it up to make the fancy layered cups or a trifle. When you crumble it, add regular sugar.

ETA - I'm not familiar with this recipe and I just re-read the whole post. Is it baked in the puff pastry? That might not work then. Or maybe you can take the brownie out from inside the puff pastry.

Thanks. Yes it's basically a chocolate brownie baked inside puff pastry dough.
My husband suggested cutting it open, scooping out the filling, mixing in the sugar and stuffing it back in. That might be the best thing to try...

teachkids

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:29 pm
Cut into small pieces and dip into sweet chocolate or soak in simple syrup (or both)

#ibelieve

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:40 pm
Good Friend wrote:
Help!
I made the Miriam Pascal brownie strudel bar that was in one of the Jewish magazines (I don't know which, someone had taken a picture of the recipe and sent it to me) In the magazine they accidentally omitted the sugar, which they corrected with a note in the next issue of the magazine. I was making it while distracted and forgot about the note and didn't notice that I didn't put sugar until it was already baked, a triple recipe. Anything I can do to save it?

Thanks!

The recipe actually looks really good, can you post the whole thing? And the correct amount of sugar

Good Friend

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 8:57 pm

It's quick and yummy, if you don't skip the sugar!
It needs 1 cup of sugar.

naturelover

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 9:15 pm
Maybe make a sweet glaze or drizzle with chocolate and sprinkles.

#ibelieve

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 11:54 am
Good Friend wrote:

It's quick and yummy, if you don't skip the sugar!
It needs 1 cup of sugar.

Thanks!!!

jflower

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 12:34 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....43598

There's another thread asking for suggestions on what to do with vanilla ice cream. Just a thought. Can you crumble it up and add to parve ice cream?

Good Friend

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 1:33 pm
jflower wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=443598

There's another thread asking for suggestions on what to do with vanilla ice cream. Just a thought. Can you crumble it up and add to parve ice cream?

That's a great idea!

I actually ended up doing what my husband suggested: cut it open, took out the filling, mixed in the sugar and put it back in. It was kind of falling apart because I had broken up the brownie filling, so I put it in the freezer. Hopefully that will help somewhat. I guess it will be a messy dessert.

jflower

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 2:58 pm
Sounds good. Hope it all works out. Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins