Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
PSA, No, You're not the only one......

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 10:50 am
No, you're not the only one who's overwhelmed. No, it's not just you who can't manage, and is having it so hard.
No, it's not just you that's cooking and cleaning and doing laundry and caring for the the kids and shopping and decorating and breathing.

So when we talk on the phone for a moment to say hi, or to discuss the cleaning lady hours or to clarify a recipe, don't push your stress onto me. Don't give me a rundown of your day, cuz I'm not interested in hearing how you can't move from exhaustion, and how much you accomplished today and how you have a mountain of work. I do too. And I chose to smile and remain quiet, cuz I like to take deep breaths and pretend like I'm managing.

Thanks for listening Can't Believe It

Shabbosiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 10:55 am
They are venting, cause they are either friends or friendly with you. Same way you are venting here. You are not the only one hearing how people are overwhelmed😉

You are doing a chore when talking, and they are using it as a 2 minute mental break from working. That's all. They know you are also busy. Same religion, so same calendar this month.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 11:05 am
If you can't vent to your sister or BFF, to whom CAN you vent? When your friend gripes about how she can't move from exhaustion, you don't have to smile and say nothing. You have every right to say "I know, me, too, isn't it awful?" One hand washes the other.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 4:24 pm
truth be told, it is a very crazy time right now!

amother
Moonstone

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 4:40 pm
I know I’m not the only one but I’m EXHAUSTED and don’t want to talk about anything else. Sorry if you don’t like hearing it. Don’t talk to anyone for the next few weeks and you won’t hear it.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 4:42 pm
um

Mad ?!

you're not the only one either!

you broadcast here
others want to lean on another who is actually listening

it's all good
and of course noone thinks it's only them

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 4:44 pm
Interesting. For me, I love venting and then listening to the other person venting, and then we both feel less alone.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 4:54 pm
That's totally fine if you don't want to hear about it. Then please don't call me on erev yom tov and expect to schmooze about anything else.
I'm happy to talk to you the 49 other weeks of the year

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
No, you're not the only one who's overwhelmed. No, it's not just you who can't manage, and is having it so hard.
No, it's not just you that's cooking and cleaning and doing laundry and caring for the the kids and shopping and decorating and breathing.

So when we talk on the phone for a moment to say hi, or to discuss the cleaning lady hours or to clarify a recipe, don't push your stress onto me. Don't give me a rundown of your day, cuz I'm not interested in hearing how you can't move from exhaustion, and how much you accomplished today and how you have a mountain of work. I do too. And I chose to smile and remain quiet, cuz I like to take deep breaths and pretend like I'm managing.

Thanks for listening Can't Believe It

Stars

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 5:34 pm
Everyone knows they’re not the only one. It doesn’t make them need less support. How long does it take to say “I know, it’s such a crazy calendar this year, I’m having it hard too”?
Unless they’re asking you to do their chores I don’t see the problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics