Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Anyone else working today?
Previous  1  2

mha3484

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:28 am
Yup until 4. I am lucky enough to get yomtov off paid asking for extra days would be pretty chutzpadig. We are closed half the month its insane.

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:32 am
Yes, I work all non YT days. It is hard enough taking off 2 days for RH, one for YK, 2 Sukkot and 2 SA/ST.

That is 7 days. The work still needs to get done AND your coworkers are wondering why you are always taking off. Somehow it is different to be off part of every week than just a week and a half on vacation.

If I took off erev YT and l/or CH, I would not technically not be fired, but it would be very unpleasant-it would be impossible to get my work done and I would get serious stink eye from everyone.
It’s bad enough when I need to leave early in the winter on Fridays.- yes I do make up the time and stay late other days.

FYI, I am currently functioning on 2.5 hours of sleep.

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:35 am
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
Yup working today as well (full-time). BH I can work from home.

I don't have kids, I don't even know how I'd manage.

I had a 6:30 AM appointment at the RE so I could put in 8+ hours of work today. In between work, I'm prepping to go the mikvah over yt. BH we're with family for yt...

Wishing you mazel and hatzlacha with the RE. Hashem should answer your tefilot l’Tova and with haste!

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:53 am
B"H after working for many decades I now have enough accrued leave time to take off erev YT or leave early if I need to. (Being able to WFH a few days a week helps, too.) But when I had young children I couldn't afford to take the time off and WFH was not an option. No need to feel guilty. There are many, many moms in your shoes. It's hard when you're surrounded by women who are either SAHM or take off erev YT. I suggest finding others in your situation to socialize/commiserate with. If you can't find them lurking on your block, find them online. (Well, I guess you just did!)

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 7:59 am
Yup. And I'm hating the stress every minute of it. I feel how unprepared I am for sukkos weighing on me as my kids run around the house, making a mess, fighting, entertaining themselves while my husband and I work remotely until 2/4pm. No cleaning help. No food prep done. I'm hanging on by a thread right now...

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 8:01 am
at work since 7

Need to leave soon , have a 4 hr trip ahead

amother
DarkCyan

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 8:07 am
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
Wishing you mazel and hatzlacha with the RE. Hashem should answer your tefilot l’Tova and with haste!

Amen thanks!

And sorry, I didn't mean to invalidate anyone's stress or anything.

Here's to hoping the rest of the day goes smoothly for everyone, and wishing you all a beautiful Yom Tov.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 1:12 pm
I WORKED. if you're organied, it's not so ad

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 1:44 pm
I worked too. I think it’s the reality these days for most working moms who don’t work in a school. I work at a Jewish company so no one would give me the stink eye if I used vacation days on erev yom tov but there is so few work days this Month and so much work to do I feel bad...

singleagain

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 2:17 pm
Omg. I worked way longer than I was hoping.. so many deliveries between yesterday and today... On a regular Monday if be there till 8...

icebreaker

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 2:47 pm
Yup. Got home at 4PM to try to finish what I can and hope for the best.

zaq

Post Mon, Sep 20 2021, 3:13 pm
amother [ Pansy ] wrote:
yes! Bh! And Chol hamoed and hoshana rabbA as well. BH I’m so fortunate to have a full time job!

Gotta love this ima’s wonderful attitude! She has the right stuff.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics