Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
How do you make your yum tuv exciting

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 4:08 am
If you have no family near by or no friends walking distance? Hosting is not an option right now for us. 3 days yum tuv, no company, no people to connect with. Are you in same boat? How do you manage while living in a quiet area with mostly reserved people? my entire family don't live where I live and makes Yum tuv hard for me . Any advice ?

LovesHashem

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 4:32 am
Making different yummy food, buying a new game or book. Having special candies or things reserved for yuntiv.

Teomima

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 4:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you have no family near by or no friends walking distance? Hosting is not an option right now for us. 3 days yum tuv, no company, no people to connect with. Are you in same boat? How do you manage while living in a quiet area with mostly reserved people? my entire family don't live where I live and makes Yum tuv hard for me . Any advice ?

I'm not in your situation exactly but due to personal family reasons, we spend most of our holidays just us, at home. Our trick is LOTS of special family traditions. Certain foods we eat only once a year ago the kids look forward to it. Birthday cakes to celebrate anything and everything (Simchat Torah is a great excuse for a cake) and the kids partake in the decorating so it's an activity as well as eating. A barbecue on any chag that allows cooking makes for lots of fun. We play lots of games on shabbat and the chagim, especially nice during Sukkot since the dining room table is kept cleared and clean seeing as we eat all our meals outside. We pile pillows in the sukkah and hang out there a lot during the day, reading and playing games. Anything the kids can connect specifically to the holiday and look forward to all year, helps make it feel fun and special.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics