Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Can a 9yo have a wet dream?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 8:43 pm
This happened twice in the last month. My 9yo wakes up in middle of the night and changes his pjs. When I asked him in the morning why did he change he said he woke up in middle of the night with wet underwear. I tried smelling it and it doesn’t smell like urine. Also by the time the morning came it was dry for the most part. Could it be he’s having wet dreams at such a young age? I don’t know if I should have a small talk with him about it….

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 8:46 pm
No. It’s just nighttime wetting. (Deep sleep, didn’t wake up to pee). It’s okay. Many boys apparently have this. Also could be that he woke up to pee and got some drops on his underwear and it bothered him.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 9:28 pm
It is on the earlier side but very possible that’s what it is. It’s not so uncommon to happen when boys start going through puberty, and while 9 is a little younger it’s not too young to start that process

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 10:02 pm
It might just be secretions without any thought behind it. Don't bring it up. It's not dangerous or unhealthy

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 11:39 pm
Thank you all!
For now I guess I’ll just let it be.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 3:01 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This happened twice in the last month. My 9yo wakes up in middle of the night and changes his pjs. When I asked him in the morning why did he change he said he woke up in middle of the night with wet underwear. I tried smelling it and it doesn’t smell like urine. Also by the time the morning came it was dry for the most part. Could it be he’s having wet dreams at such a young age? I don’t know if I should have a small talk with him about it….
Im just making sure when you say have a talk with him, you mean to explain what is happening not to scold him, right? A wet dream is something that the person has no control over.

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 6:57 am
My DS (age 6) is a frequent bed wetter but also sometimes has a whitish discharge in addition to the urine. I don’t think it’s zera…anyone have ideas?

(I don’t say anything to him about it. I just point it out to my husband but he is not concerned…google tells me it’s related to not being circumcised which is not the case here…)

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 6:59 am
The gemara says age 9 so yes.

amother
Lightblue

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 7:24 am
As a mom of many boys, I will say that 9 is exceedingly young for something like that. Is he showing any signs of puberty? My 12-year-old and 10-year-old are both completely undeveloped physically and if they told me they had wet their underwear, I would assume urine whether I could smell it or not.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics