Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Should I send my dc to school tomorrow?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 10:24 pm
My child goes to a special needs school and they are open chol hamoed. Should I send her? On one hand dc benefits from the education, and therapies. on the other hand I feel it is improper to send her during Chol Hamoed and I feel like I would be steeling her Chol Hamoed from her.

imasinger

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 10:26 pm
What will her feelings be?

If she's happy and comfortable there, she might enjoy the familiar routine.

If she'd rather be doing chol hamoed outings with you, and you're happy to include her, by all means cancel.

amother
Bluebell

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 10:27 pm
If it's family time and it's not hard to take her out with the family then I would keep her home. But if you aren't doing anything or it's hard with her I would send her.

amother
Holly

amother [ OP ] wrote:
My child goes to a special needs school and they are open chol hamoed. Should I send her? On one hand dc benefits from the education, and therapies. on the other hand I feel it is improper to send her during Chol Hamoed and I feel like I would be steeling her Chol Hamoed from her.

Of course you should send her. She will be able to enjoy more in the future if she gets all the help she needs now.

amother
Moonstone

If the rest of the family is doing something fun, keep her home. If nothing is going on and they are spending the day going to the supermarket with you and fighting with each other, send her.

Is it a frum school? Growing up we had school on chol hamoed. We had donuts and chocolate milk in the sukkah, did art projects, had a chaggigah, and were told stories. Wonderful memories.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 10:28 pm
Are you doing something as a family that she’d feel Excluded from? If so, keep her home. If it’s a regular day (shabbos prep? Target? Videos?) send her

hodeez

Post Wed, Sep 22 2021, 11:37 pm
Send they will probably have activities

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 12:13 am
It depends on the child. If she needs routine and being off schedule makes her act out, I think it's better for her if she goes to school.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:54 am
So we sent her and my other dearchild fetched that they also wanted to go to school. I guess we made the right decision.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics