Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
4O day challenge of no watching
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Ultramarine

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:53 am
this is really tough

amother
NeonGreen

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 11:00 am
delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Oct 11 2021, 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 11:02 am
amother [ Ultramarine ] wrote:
this is really tough

Yes on chol hamoed especially.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 11:02 am
lk1234 wrote:
Can someone post the article I’d love to get the inspiration

Perhaps you can contact Ami. I long don’t have it. Didn’t know how to post it when I did.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 12:34 am
The challenge gets easier as time passes. Especially with these busy days. Still going strong. How’s everyone else doing?

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 12:39 am
Thanks op!
Like I said in the other thread, I am still holding on, although I do miss you tube and I’m not sure what is going to happen when the 40 days are up. I would feel a bit yucky if I just go back to watching/scrolling/browsing as much as I did before this challenge started, but I am not sure what the solution is. I didn’t really intend on keeping past Yom Kippur but so far so good. Question is- when is 40 days and what happens then?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 12:42 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Thanks op!
Like I said in the other thread, I am still holding on, although I do miss you tube and I’m not sure what is going to happen when the 40 days are up. I would feel a bit yucky if I just go back to watching/scrolling/browsing as much as I did before this challenge started, but I am not sure what the solution is. I didn’t really intend on keeping past Yom Kippur but so far so good. Question is- when is 40 days and what happens then?

Personally I hope to continue beyond 40 days but I didn’t want to commit since I know how hard it can get. So I’ll feel great if I first reach 40 days of no watching and then decide if I want to continue. I posted the date in the beginning of the thread. I think it was October 21. Keep strong! Chazak!

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 1:17 am
I am still finding this challenge reallllly hard. What have you replaced ‘being on YouTube’ with? I just want to browse something and relax....
and I’d Rather not shop Smile

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 7:57 am
I’ve been reading more, and feeling better.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:28 pm
Any other ideas?
I’m also struggling with the fact that I miss the random browsing on YouTube. I don’t plan on stopping forever. So what is the difference between starting to watch again on day 41 or tonight?
My original goal was Yom Kippur and I’m Having a hard time being motivated to continue.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:46 pm
I think the idea is that 40 days is an amount it takes to break a habit. The idea might be that once you pass that you might want to continue doing it.
I really don’t know if I’ll be able to continue either.
I’m so stressed about various things and I miss watching funny stuff to get my mind off. But I’m definitely going to stay strong till 40 days because that’s what I committed to and dont want to give up! Will let you know my plans afterwards.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 2:05 am
Certain things in my life has bh improved. I feel like Hashem is telling that my constant watching blocked some bracha he wanted to give me. (If that makes sense).

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 2:11 am
lk1234 wrote:
Can someone post the article I’d love to get the inspiration

I just finished reading that Ami/article as I get the magazines second hand.

I can take a picture of the article but would be easier to email if you feel comfortable or have an anonymous email address. If not I’ll post it. Either way, remind me tomorrow iyh.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 12:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Certain things in my life has bh improved. I feel like Hashem is telling that my constant watching blocked some bracha he wanted to give me. (If that makes sense).

I must mention it again!
I really see some Bracha in certain areas in the past few weeks! I’d like to connect it to this Kabbalah! I’m publicly thanking Hashem for the blessings I recently had and letting you all know that I’m continuing past the 40 days which are ending Thursday.
How are you all doing?

liveandlove.ima

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 2:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I must mention it again!
I really see some Bracha in certain areas in the past few weeks! I’d like to connect it to this Kabbalah! I’m publicly thanking Hashem for the blessings I recently had and letting you all know that I’m continuing past the 40 days which are ending Thursday.
How are you all doing?

just saw this thread for the first time, wasn't much on ima recently just wanted to point out to OP that im not surprised about the mentioned bracha you see in life, every kabbalah one takes upon has tremendous affect and blessing but this in particular had so many others inspired too, thats all on you! kol hakovod.
all other posters keep strong.. carry on. I'd like to list a few sites here that could help with kosher entertainment
music videos
music-table.com
yiddishvideos.com
shira24.com
news
theyeshivaworld.com
boropark24.com
ahblicklive.com
yiddish24.com
....and for that poster watching youtube for shuirim, there is torahantime.com
if I recall some more sites, id be sure to update

ETA torahanytime.com [sorry for the typo]

Last edited by liveandlove.ima on Tue, Oct 19 2021, 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 19 2021, 5:37 pm
liveandlove.ima wrote:
just saw this thread for the first time, wasn't much on ima recently just wanted to point out to OP that im not surprised about the mentioned bracha you see in life, every kabbalah one takes upon has tremendous affect and blessing but this in particular had so many others inspired too, thats all on you! kol hakovod.
all other posters keep strong.. carry on. I'd like to list a few sites here that could help with kosher entertainment
music videos
music-table.com
yiddishvideos.com
shira24.com
news
theyeshivaworld.com
boropark24.com
ahblicklive.com
yiddish24.com
....and for that poster watching youtube for shuirim, there is torahantime.com
if I recall some more sites, id be sure to update

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 22 2021, 1:24 am
We did it!
40 days! Cheers Cheers

amother
Vanilla

Post Sat, Oct 23 2021, 8:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We did it!
40 days! Cheers Cheers

Congrats!
Good for you!
May you see lots of bracha and hatzlacha in everything

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 06 2022, 9:50 pm
Bump!
I want to do another round of 40 days of no watching. My personal kabalas Hatorah as a zechus for various yeshuos. I’ll start the count with the past 3 days which was a great head start. Ending July 13.
Anyone want to join me?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jun 06 2022, 11:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bump!
I want to do another round of 40 days of no watching. My personal kabalas Hatorah as a zechus for various yeshuos. I’ll start the count with the past 3 days which was a great head start. Ending July 13.
Anyone want to join me?

kol hakovod to you

Just want to say that when you started round one this was too impossible for me to even consider it. I would skip by this thread, not even wanting to open it because I knew that it is really something that I need to do but I could never.

Nonetheless, it must've planted a seed in my head and slowly I started to grow. I bh got a filter on my laptop and as time went on I blocked more and more thing. Hulu, netflix, latest being youtube.

I still can't commit to completely now watch, I still do sometimes at night on my husbands phone... but bh have made progress and I credit you for it....
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur