Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
BP. Alternate Side Parking is in effect, but no cars moved?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 7:09 pm
proudmomma wrote:
This month of tishra the police are very easy with giving tickets in bp in every jewish place

Not really. I live off 13th ave, smack in middle of all the shopping. They still give tickets.
The drivers who block crosswalks and bus stops bother me more than the alternate sides. Try crossing a street when there is not one opening between cars.

bsy

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 7:09 pm
Somuch2 wrote:
So the real deal is that on yt traffic police are a bit more lenient around00 here and people rely on that, hoping that they won't get a ticket... It's more like a 50 50 chance rather than the usual 99...

I think it depends on the block. Where I live, everyone moves and no one double parks on the other side. In boro park, I find certain blocks no one moves ever, certain blocks, everyone moves, and some blocks everyone double parks. I cant figure out the rhyme or reason 🤷‍♀️

amother
Banana

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:04 am
People are in Yom Tov mode. Even if its chol hamoed many men only come home from shul at 10, 11:00. People over sleep too, bed time is very late on Yom Tov.
Try to be thoughtful and more understanding of others.

imamommy5

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:24 am
amother [ Sand ] wrote:
I used to get upset about this too, until I reframed it for myself:

The cost of having a car includes daily street parking fee $35,
Running red lights: $50 each
Camera speeding tickets: $50

If I want to SAVE myself these expenses, I can pay the meter, not pass red lights, not speed.

If y'have the money, and don't want the headache of all these rules, then do as you please and pay the fines. Nobody really cares, The city wants your money, it's as simple as that.

not really because then you can add
Running red lights: $50 each+the people who got hurt because of you
Camera speeding tickets: $50+the dead people you ran over because you went so fast
very big difference alternate side is just move to let the truck ''clean'' the street
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries