Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Husband is sick with covid. I feel so bad.
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 6:16 am
My husband never got around to vaccinate unfortunately. In the beginning he was skeptical and then when he wanted to he was always busy with work. Last week Tuesday he started feeling sick, low fever, nausea, chills and body aches. He was convinced he had food poisoning. It was so bad he didn't eat two days before yk and on yk he barely drank (Rav gave heter for shiurim). I feel bad because he started to feel a little better on yk and in retrospect I think he should've eaten. He's been just resting since and eating little. He probably lost more than 10 lbs. On motzei shabbat he lost his sense of smell. I got him a covid testing kit and sure enough it was positive. Throughout the Chag he was in bed except for two meals on the first day. Then he started to develop a fever two days ago and I think him barely eating is making it worse. He breathes normally BH and his vision is good. I started coming down with a sore throat, cough and fever as well. This is my second day of feeling sick inspire of being fully vaccinated. Bezrat hashem we will try and get the monoclonal antibody treatment today but I can't help being anxious. We have four kids under 6, one of them a newborn. I feel a crippling panic that chas ve shalom something would happen to me and my husband. I can barely sleep which of course makes the covid worse. I feel so stupid. We should have done the covid test and the antibodies right away. When I read up on the antibodies it says it's only for high risk (which I hadn't thought would apply but after what we've been through idk).
It's like my worst nightmare, I was being so careful since the pandemic started and now this. I don't know what this point of this post is. I feel that I need to talk to someone before going crazy. Has anyone gone through something similar and it turned out fine? I just need to know we'll be alright.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 6:21 am
First off - Refuah shelaima! You guys are going to be ok Im yirtza Hashem. The virus needs to run its course and it sounds like your husband is going through the roughest time now. Are you under the care of a doctor? I she prescribing you medication or vitamins?

The antibodies are very helpful if taken early but don’t be discouraged if they don’t work right away. Your role now is to be calm and take breathes. Take care of yourself. Your children will be fine. Leave bowls and cereal on the kitchen table. It’s ok if they eat that all day. Have a friend or relative buy them yogurts and for you some soup.

Just rest and know that it is running it’s course. No room for guilt. Or fear. Just breathe and know that we are praying you both recover quickly and with ease. ❤️

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 6:36 am
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
First off - Refuah shelaima! You guys are going to be ok Im yirtza Hashem. The virus needs to run its course and it sounds like your husband is going through the roughest time now. Are you under the care of a doctor? I she prescribing you medication or vitamins?

The antibodies are very helpful if taken early but don’t be discouraged if they don’t work right away. Your role now is to be calm and take breathes. Take care of yourself. Your children will be fine. Leave bowls and cereal on the kitchen table. It’s ok if they eat that all day. Have a friend or relative buy them yogurts and for you some soup.

Just rest and know that it is running it’s course. No room for guilt. Or fear. Just breathe and know that we are praying you both recover quickly and with ease. ❤️

We don't have a doctor currently. We're taking vitamins and I called my sister in law for advice, she's a nurse practitioner.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 6:41 am
First of all, you should get monoclonal treatment ASAP. It’s best within first day but up to 5 days and even if you test negative you likely qualify because of exposure.
Get a pulseox. If your husband is getting worse or not oxygenating well he would need to go to the hospital.
And yes, many many have been through this and been fine. I had covid pretty bad (hospitalized) when I was highly pregnant and Bh survived with a perfect baby.
I hope you both feel better soon!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 8:19 am
Refuah shelaima!!!

southernbubby

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:15 am
There were some good suggestions in another thread for care at home of Covid and the antibodies are the best idea if you can get them.
Whenever I am worried I send a letter to the Ohel of the Lubavitcher Rebbe which you can find the website online.
Statistics are on your side for a complete recovery so Refua shleima and please report back the good news!

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 4:12 pm
Take whatever vitamins, try to get the monoclonal. Iyh you will both be fine. 99.9% if you are under 70.

It happens to be that it seems everyone has to get it once. Whether you vaccinated or not. It is what I am seeing in NYC. Once you get it, as long as it is a full case, and not very mild and you dont have autoimmune issues, it looks like everlasting immunity. Its been proven socially so many times, I believe it will be scientifically proven eventually.

Refuah shleima.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 4:14 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Take whatever vitamins, try to get the monoclonal. Iyh you will both be fine. 99.9% if you are under 70.

It happens to be that it seems everyone has to get it once. Whether you vaccinated or not. It is what I am seeing in NYC. Once you get it, as long as it is a full case, and not very mild and you dont have autoimmune issues, it looks like everlasting immunity. Its been proven socially so many times, I believe it will be scientifically proven eventually.

Refuah shleima.

Yeah, except for that pesky little part about 1 in 500 Americans dying.

amother
Seablue

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 4:17 pm
Get monoclonal antibodies

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 4:20 pm
Yes
Me and my family were super careful
As were the vast majority of our friends
We all got it
Some friends got it
B”H everyone came through well B”H
Hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 4:21 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

How is that helpful? They are sick, she is trying not to freak out. Do you always focus on the less than <.1% when it is too late?

amother
Blonde

Post Sat, Sep 25 2021, 11:35 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
How is that helpful? They are sick, she is trying not to freak out. Do you always focus on the less than <.1% when it is too late?

How is 0.2% (1 in 500) less than 0.1%?

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Sep 25 2021, 11:41 pm
Op, I hope he's getting better. Going forward, it's a good idea to have a family doctor who knows you so that you have an address for your health concerns. When you can, find a doctor and go for baseline checkups so that you're in the system.

coloredleaves

Post Sat, Sep 25 2021, 11:45 pm
I don't know where u live but in Monsey - where I got antibody treatment. Anyone unvaccinated was considered high risk and qualifies. Also anyone with BMI over 25%. That is a very low threshold and they told me many elope even just a little heavier than they would like, met the threshold. Other risk factors were bigger ones like having ever smoked or high blood pressure or having had cancer. But being unvaccinated would be a qualifier for him- and maybe weight would for you? I think diff states have diff definitions of high risk- and even diff sites have stricter it less strict interpretations. There is a heimish hot line u can call for help getting set up with it as well.

amother
Hotpink

Post Sat, Sep 25 2021, 11:58 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
How is 0.2% (1 in 500) less than 0.1%?

1 in 500 includes 70+ age group and those dealthly ill & autoimmune. For regular younger than 70+ y.o. people it is less than .1% not 1 in 500.

Semantics, all stands how is it helpful to focus on the small what can go wrong when she came here for chizzuk? They already are sick.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 12:06 am
If you live in Monsey there is a group of people that will help with meds and all for covid.

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 12:15 am
SixOfWands wrote:

This is very thoughtful and helpful.

And not everyone believes those numbers are truly accurate.

Laiya

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 12:16 am
OP how is your dh doing?

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 12:16 am
this is my threadhttps://www.imamother.com/foru.....43337
I was very nauseous and not in the mood of eating but eating makes me feel better after so ur dh should force himself to eat.
by now it's a week and half since first symptoms and I'm less nauseous , still weak and coughing but haven't had fever in a couple of days bh

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 26 2021, 12:38 am
Baruch hashem we got the antibodies and are getting better slowly. My husband started eating and I started sleeping. I did develop a fever and lost my smell. Other than that feeling a lot stronger.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics