Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Present for daughter suffering with anorexia

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 2:02 am
My daughter is away from home now for a few months already in a residential place getting treated for anorexia. I want to send her something that I can order on Amazon so it will get to her in 2 days before the last days of yomtov. Either an inspirational book or jewelry, not too expensive or anything else anyone can think of. Just not food
Thank you

amother
DarkGreen

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 2:42 am
Throw pillow
Afghan
Fuzzy slippers/sweater
Mug with quote
Book of world travels with pictures
Chicken soup for the soul
Pretty puzzle

And op, I hope you treat yourself to something too. Hugs.
May the new year, and zman simchaseinu bring healing and a year of good health.
And may all your prayers be answered

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 2:55 am
https://www.amazon.com/Boy-Mol.....81840

This is such a beautiful and gentle book. My only reservation is that Mole mentions cake. If that isn't a trigger, then I highly recommend this gift!

blessedjmom

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 4:14 am
amother [ DarkGreen ] wrote:
Throw pillow
Afghan
Fuzzy slippers/sweater
Mug with quote
Book of world travels with pictures
Chicken soup for the soul
Pretty puzzle

And op, I hope you treat yourself to something too. Hugs.
May the new year, and zman simchaseinu bring healing and a year of good health.
And may all your prayers be answered

These are great suggestions

You can get her a diary and pen set
Art supplies if she's into that
A wearable blanket /swaddlebee
Cool headphones

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 5:23 am
Hugs. I’ve had a sibling in residential treatment and it’s such a mix of feelings.

When my friend was in residential I ordered her wool socks (warmest things you can imagine that actually make your feet warm, it’s unbelievable) snd she still talks fondly of that care package!

I know it’s not glamorous but anorexics are constantly cold so it might be a nice gift (maybe buy something “pretty” too with the socks.

So many hugs! May this center be the yeshua for her!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:04 am
Unless she's desperate for reading material, I'd be very careful about inspirational books and would only get a book with the recommendation of someone at the residence. You're clearly a wonderful mother and I daven that whatever you send, she enjoys and constantly reminds her of your love. We're all rooting for her and your whole family!

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:07 am
I've sent such a gift box.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....0fab6

amother
Snow

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:21 am
I would recommend either a sweater or slippers in her favorite color or something of that genre. Maybe gel pens or colorful art supplies if that is her thing.

I would recommend against anything with the words of encouragement or a journal, as that might feel judgemental or like pressure to her. Of course I don’t know her and it might be perfect for her, but many have perceive that as you should be thinking certain things or feeling a certain way or getting better faster or having and articulating more thoughts about it and it is not always beneficial to the recipient.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:33 am
When I was in treatment here are some things I got aside from food,
Bath bombs, cream and lotion sets , tumbler w cute message on it w straw , throw pillow, adult Lego set, fresh flowers from flowers.com or the like , adult coloring book w color pencils , ugg cozy socks and slippers, throw blanket , games

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:34 am
Dlted double post

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:36 am
I love the idea of an afghan, or maybe something like ugg slippers. I've had these knock offs forever, and they've held up well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....64dc2

If you want to buy her jewelry, these are really in style https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....c6000

May your daughter continue to heal and grow from strength to strength, and may she celebrate with you in the sukkah next year.

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:43 am
I would check with the place before sending art supplies, I learned the hard way that many places confiscate sharp objects, including the pencils I sent along with an adult coloring book!

amother
Leaf

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:16 am
OP, you have many good idea here. I just wanted to wish you and your daughter a speedy and complete recovery. Sending loads of love.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:34 am
Wow Amen and thank you everyone! So many good ideas! She already has too many blankets and art supplies, I'll probably get jewelry or slippers.
Really appreciate all of your suggestions and brachos!
Thank you!

amother
Amaranthus

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:42 am
Ugg slippers is an awesome gift
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics