Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Which brands of kosher chocolate chips melt well (or don't)

preempservices

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 8:25 am
I once tried with a brand that did.not.melt but I didn't note which brand.

BatyaEsther

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 8:52 am
I only eat traif, so I wouldn’t know.

Do you mean heimish? Maybe write that as to not to imply that Shoprite which is OU-pareve, is not kosher.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:06 am
Nestle's Simply Delicious melts beautifully, O-U pareve hechscher: https://www.nestleusa.com/medi.....rsels

N'sMom

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:09 am
I love the Trader Joe's 72% ones. And they melt beautifully. But they are less sweet than heimishe ones (or shoprite) so only if you love very dark chocolate. (We do!)

English3

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:39 am
I would say check on the packets that it is real chocolate not flavoured.

amotheranon

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:46 am
California Gourmet

preempservices

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:51 am
Thanks to those who responded thus far for helping me to clarify the question. I meant kosher-pareve. Not necessarily heimishe, but there is no shoprite near me. I have some Trader Joes through.
If anyone has anything more to contribute about the heimish brands I'd appreciate that, since I often have those in the house.

N'sMom

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:57 am
I just checked and it seems Trader Joe also has semisweet chocolate chips with a good pareve hechsher. I don't use them because I prefer the super dark ones,, but I belong to a kosher foodie group and members there rave about them. As English3 says above, the question is whether the CCs are real chocolate or chocolate flavored. If they are real they will melt nicely. I recommend a visit to TJ. You can buy a couple of kinds and see what you like best. Theirs are also well-priced.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 11:00 am
If you have Wegmans, they're good.
I also like Enjoy Life but they're not cheap but they make chunks!
Mishpacha brand was the best of the heimish ones I've tried.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 11:09 am
N'sMom wrote:
I just checked and it seems Trader Joe also has semisweet chocolate chips with a good pareve hechsher. I don't use them because I prefer the super dark ones,, but I belong to a kosher foodie group and members there rave about them. As English3 says above, the question is whether the CCs are real chocolate or chocolate flavored. If they are real they will melt nicely. I recommend a visit to TJ. You can buy a couple of kinds and see what you like best. Theirs are also well-priced.

I didn't know that Trader Joe's started offering pareve chocolate chips again. After their chips became milchik, I switched to Wegman's before discovering the Nestle's Simply Delicious (in Wegman's you can find the Nestle's pareve chips in the health food aisle.

For anyone who remembers the old Trader Joe's chips and have tried their newly pareve ones, how do they compare?

N'sMom

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 11:10 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
If you have Wegmans, they're good.
I also like Enjoy Life but they're not cheap but they make chunks!
Mishpacha brand was the best of the heimish ones I've tried.

Enjoy Life are wonderful but expensive and I for one need chocolate chips to be a staple food item (like eggs and tomatoes) and not a treat. Very Happy

SDmother

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 11:13 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I didn't know that Trader Joe's started offering pareve chocolate chips again. After their chips became milchik, I switched to Wegman's before discovering the Nestle's Simply Delicious (in Wegman's you can find the Nestle's pareve chips in the health food aisle.

For anyone who remembers the old Trader Joe's chips and have tried their newly pareve ones, how do they compare?

I think they are much better! They are not very sweet though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins