Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Please help find this slow "V'yaida kol pa'ul" song!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

theotherone1

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 7:55 pm
dydn11402 wrote:
If it's the song im thinking of the low part is "malchuscha" and I heard it in camp sternberg years ago by the choir. No idea where its from but I sing it all the time. Love it!

Yes, I think you are correct! I have the tune in my head now. :-)

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:19 pm
This?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERC_rzPmqD4

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:32 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
This?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERC_rzPmqD4

No, but thanks!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 23 2021, 10:34 pm
Thanks to all of you, the low part is starting to come back to me! I couldn't remember that it started with malchuscha, but now I clearly remember the buildup of "umemshaltecha bechol dor vador"!

amother
Catmint

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 12:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Or any of you and only women will listen?

Unfortunately, I don't have a working mic on my computer and am not technically adept enough to do it any other way. I hope someone else will help you.

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:46 am
I think my sister was in LA that year! I remember she had a tape of the production, and I'm pretty sure that song was on it. I have a terrible voice, but I guess if you want I could sing what I remember for you!

(ETA I tried to sing it and I cannot sing as low as the girl who did the incredible solo for Malchus'cha...)

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:57 am
Meloich from abie rotenebergs aish album?

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:58 am
Here's a link to me humming the tune...
https://we.tl/t-H5YOlFMdz6
Is this the one you meant?

amother
Catmint

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 2:02 am
That is the one I was referring to as well, though I know the first part with some slight differences.

amother
Catmint

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 2:02 am
dup

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 2:10 am
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
That is the one I was referring to as well, though I know the first part with some slight differences.

It's a 20+ year old memory for me, of a tune from a cassette tape recording of a Halleli production. I'd be shocked if my memory is too accurate Smile

If it helps anyone to figure out the year, that production also included a comedy sketch about the origins of a Shuk.

"This shuk, this marketplace, was created BY men, FOR men, OF men, for the subjugation of women.

If it was created by women, would it have WOMEN shoppers, and MALE salesmen? No, it would have MALE shoppers and WOMEN salesmen. No, I meant saleswomen.

It's a plot! It's a male chauvinist PLOT!"

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 7:49 am
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
Here's a link to me humming the tune...
https://we.tl/t-H5YOlFMdz6
Is this the one you meant?

Yes that's it!!!!!! Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 7:50 am
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
I think my sister was in LA that year! I remember she had a tape of the production, and I'm pretty sure that song was on it. I have a terrible voice, but I guess if you want I could sing what I remember for you!

(ETA I tried to sing it and I cannot sing as low as the girl who did the incredible solo for Malchus'cha...)

Any way to get a recording of the song from the tape?? Would love to hear the original!!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 7:52 am
If anyone is willing to sing the low part, I can't quite fit the words to the tune of the poster who so kindly hummed it. Thanks!

freilich

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 9:32 am
yidishmamma wrote:
I love love love this song . It's from pittsburg rebbe

Me too. Pittsburgh rebbe composed it at his sick daughters bedside on Rosh Hashanah. It never fails to touch me.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 10:12 am
freilich wrote:
Me too. Pittsburgh rebbe composed it at his sick daughters bedside on Rosh Hashanah. It never fails to touch me.

Is that a different one or the one we are talking about? the you tube link was not the one we were referring to

amother
Whitewash

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Any way to get a recording of the song from the tape?? Would love to hear the original!!

I wish! I can ask my sister to make sure, but 99.9% sure that the cassette is long gone.

theotherone1

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 3:40 pm
Yay! Thank you Whitewash!

mommyla

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 4:11 pm
I remember that song from seminary, if it was in a Halleli it must have been after my time. But that was less than 20 years ago (not that much less! Yikes)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 5:18 pm
mommyla wrote:
I remember that song from seminary, if it was in a Halleli it must have been after my time. But that was less than 20 years ago (not that much less! Yikes)

I was in school in the 90s and learned it from a teacher
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts