Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
Please help find this slow "V'yaida kol pa'ul" song!!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 24 2021, 5:34 pm
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
Here's a link to me humming the tune...
https://we.tl/t-H5YOlFMdz6
Is this the one you meant?

Whitewash, I can't thank you enough! I have been trying to find this song for years and couldn't find it anywhere!

I would love if one of the singers can get permission and put this song out!

bseder

Post Sat, Sep 25 2021, 4:44 pm
the one you are humming is not the one the Pittsburgher Rebbe zt'l composed. Here is (ari hill singing) the beautiful Pittsburgher V'yeida: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEWVltcOlLo. The one she is humming I believe I heard Kineret sing in the 90's if memory serves!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:21 pm
Is Halleli a school?
Does anyone have their contact number? Or know who I can contact to try to track down the original song?

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 8:32 pm
Halleli is the name of the productions made in Bais Yaakov LA, if I understood correctly. I'm sure the LA girls can clarify...

ETA to help you track it down, it was probably in 1995 or 1996.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 1:07 pm
Thank you!

bigsis144

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 1:50 pm
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
It's a 20+ year old memory for me, of a tune from a cassette tape recording of a Halleli production. I'd be shocked if my memory is too accurate Smile

If it helps anyone to figure out the year, that production also included a comedy sketch about the origins of a Shuk.

"This shuk, this marketplace, was created BY men, FOR men, OF men, for the subjugation of women.

If it was created by women, would it have WOMEN shoppers, and MALE salesmen? No, it would have MALE shoppers and WOMEN salesmen. No, I meant saleswomen.

It's a plot! It's a male chauvinist PLOT!"

OH MY GOSH nostalgia!!!!
I know exactly which tape you’re taking about!!!

I can’t remember which Halleli it was either, but it would have been an odd-numbered year.

- 2005 Shalsheles
- 2003 Tehillim
- 2001 Shabbos (infamous Feivel Yankelovitch play “The Song of Shabbos”; also a shmittah year so there was a farmer tap dance)
- 1999 Barchi Nafshi (drama was about a girl who went blind, “k’shem sh’mevarchim al hatov”)
- 1997 Eishes Chayil (drama based on And Rochel Was His Wife, with the “which… wayyy… SHALL I wander, as I ponder my ULTIMATE goal” narration song between the different Nashua Tzikanios sections)
- 1995 Megillos (probably the first I attended in person, I would have been about 7… opening dance had a huge cylindrical Megillah case and dancers wrapping ribbons around it like a maypole. Short skits for various megillos, Eicha was about the apocryphal 93 Bais Yaakov girls in the Holocaust, Megillas Esther was comedy, etc.)
- 1993 Kol Atzmosai?? (only experienced this one as a recording)

Sorry for the digression I just had to wax reminiscent

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 2:09 pm
I know which one you are referring to OP. It was performed in the band scene of my school's concert sometime in the early 90's, Bais Yaakov of Monsey.

You have to have a range to sing it, because the low part goes pretty low, and the high part reaches some high notes (v'yavin kol yetzur...)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 7:20 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I know which one you are referring to OP. It was performed in the band scene of my school's concert sometime in the early 90's, Bais Yaakov of Monsey.

You have to have a range to sing it, because the low part goes pretty low, and the high part reaches some high notes (v'yavin kol yetzur...)

So was it performed at bais yaakov of Monsey before halleli?

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 8:22 am
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

Yes I remember this. I was in that band scene. It was 1992.
I thought Penina Klaver sang it. Anyone remember her? She was a proffessional singer in the 90s.

EtA. Or maybe it was Rochel Miller

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 1:42 pm
amother [ Thistle ] wrote:
I thought Penina Klaver sang it. Anyone remember her? She was a proffessional singer in the 90s.

Any way to find out the origins of the song? Did someone compose it for BYM?

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 1:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Any way to find out the origins of the song? Did someone compose it for BYM?

Absolutely not. I knew the song before we performed it.
I think it was a Penina Klaver song. It was also sung in camp before that concert.

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 1:47 pm

I don't know the origins, though I remember both singers you mention.
I was in the same grade as both girls who sang solos in this song. I wasn't n the band scene though.
Hi Smile maybe we know each other.

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 1:51 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
I don't know the origins, though I remember both singers you mention.
I was in the same grade as both girls who sang solos in this song. I wasn't n the band scene though.
Hi Smile maybe we know each other.

We might.
(The band scene only had like 7 girls so I won't say what grade I was in)
It's possible that Penina Klaver composed the song. If anyone knows her, mayb they can ask.

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 1:57 pm
OP, from googling, I can see that Rochel Miller has a song called Malchuscha. It's probably the one you are talking about.
I think you have to sign in to access the track.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 2:49 pm
Thanks for the leads!

Requested access to that site, we will see if they approve. Anyone happen to have Rochel Miller's tape/cd?

As for Penina Klaver, I tried doing a search and didn't come up with much (I assume it's not Pnina Klaver mother of quints). Anyone know what city she lives in?

Ty!

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 2:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the leads!

Requested access to that site, we will see if they approve. Anyone happen to have Rochel Miller's tape/cd?

As for Penina Klaver, I tried doing a search and didn't come up with much (I assume it's not Pnina Klaver mother of quints). Anyone know what city she lives in?

Ty!

Actually, I think it IS that Pnina Klaver

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 3:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the leads!

Ty!

There was no such thing as CDs in those days.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:41 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Actually, I think it IS that Pnina Klaver

Oh! I assumed not because it said she is a social worker. I guess she did both. Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 5:41 pm
There was no such thing as CDs in those days.

True lol, was hoping it was reproduced onto a cd..

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Oct 12 2021, 6:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
True lol, was hoping it was reproduced onto a cd..

Did you get approved by Dartmouth? Did you hear the song????
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts