Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
It’s 8:20 am and I am spent.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 8:23 am
Dh alarm went off at 530 for early hoshana rabba minyan. Baby woke for nursing at 545. 4 year old tried waking me at 6. I told him to come back later. 620, all the kids are up. 4 year
Old pushes baby on the floor. 4&7 year olds get into a big fight. I go downstairs to start breakfast for the kids, and finish cooking for yt. 7 yo somehow hurts baby’s arm and she comes crying to me, I’m not sure the extent of the damage. 7 and 4 yo on off playing snd fighting. I am exhausted….

hodeez

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 8:26 am
Oh how I commiserate

imaima

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 8:30 am
I am so sorry! I hope nothing serious with the baby

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 8:39 am
imaima wrote:
I am so sorry! I hope nothing serious with the baby

She stopped crying after two minutes so I’m assuming all is good. I am keeping an eye on her arm though.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 8:50 am
Good luck. It’s a really tough day.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 9:37 am
Sorry OP.
Give your 7 year old a machzor and tell him/her to daven nicely with the 4 year old.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 9:43 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Sorry OP.
Give your 7 year old a machzor and tell him/her to daven nicely with the 4 year old.

Lol they don’t listen. If only it were that simple.

I’m taking them on an outing now.

I am not proud of the way I yelled this morning. Argh

Yom tov is not relaxing anymore. It’s hard work. Different than the daily grind of work school carpool, but hard work.

tp3

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 9:48 am
Hoshana Rabba is one of the hardest days of the year.
Just try to get through.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 9:55 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yom tov is not relaxing anymore. It’s hard work. Different than the daily grind of work school carpool, but hard work.

7 years old is a big enough child to sit and daven. Hoshana raba is a very important day. Tell your child it's as holy as YK and s/he needs to sit and daven now and help you by including the 4 year old.

Im sorry about the yelling but it's understandable.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 9:57 am
7 years old is a big enough child to sit and daven. Hoshana raba is a very important day. Tell your child it's as holy as YK and s/he needs to sit and daven now and help you by including the 4 year old.

What a great way to make a child hate davening from a young age

jewishmom6

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 9:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

good idea. take them to get a new toy or something.

getting out helps kids a lot.

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 10:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I just want to say that you sound like a wonderful mother and your kids sound like normal healthy kids acting age appropriate.

Taking them out is a wonderful solution. Kids usually act out when they’re bored.

Hope your day gets easier and you get to see much nachas from your children.

amother
White

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 10:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Getting them out of the house always seems like the best option for me. No guilt today...do the best you can.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 10:25 am
tp3 wrote:
Hoshana Rabba is one of the hardest days of the year.
Just try to get through.

Really? I find Yom Kippur the hardest, then Erev Pesach, and then today can be the 3rd hardest. Yes definitely hard to cook for yom tov with husband out davening all day. I splurged on a babysitter and that made all the difference.

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 10:30 am

Omg 😬 you really don’t get it do you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 11:03 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Really? I find Yom Kippur the hardest, then Erev Pesach, and then today can be the 3rd hardest. Yes definitely hard to cook for yom tov with husband out davening all day. I splurged on a babysitter and that made all the difference.

She said one of the hardest.

I couldn’t find a babysitter today if I tried.

We went to a petting zoo. It was a good outlet. Hopefully they’ll nap on the way home

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 4:52 pm

Um, she’s 7.
I think she can start davening when she’s 9 and even then I wouldn’t say she ‘needs’ it’s only for chinuch.
Main thing is to set a age appropriate routine and not make them hate it by pressuring into things they’re not mature enough for yet.

In my opinion, She can daven what she davens in school, and even that with no pressure.

tp3

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 5:01 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

I never end up sleeping well Hoshana Rabba night with everyone up and about. Then the next two nights are late as well.
Yom Kippur and erev pesach at least I sleep the night before. I don't function on little sleep.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics