Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can someone explain this to me?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 7:50 am
Am I the only one who was taught we could wash what we need for yt? So on chol hamoed I wash what we need again for the second days. Adults included.

amother
Candycane

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 8:18 am
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:
Why don’t you all ask a Rav if you want to do the right thing, and/ or understand the Halacha?
It bothers me when people (shamelessly) admit to just doing whatever the hell they want when they know it is against Halacha. If you said your rav allows it, I have no questions. But it’s weird to me when frum people disregard Halacha so callously. (I wash what my kids need on chol hamoed and spend extra on myself and dh so we can make it through without. As per my Rav’s psak.)

I like to get other's perspectives and other psaks before I approach a Rav so I can have a discussion about it with him and achieve a full understanding. Just calling up and receiving a psak will leave many unanswered questions for me. I like to understand what I'm doing and why, if its possible.

And you don't need to be so bothered by thinking people are doing things directly against halacha. My parents, and their parents, all washed what was needed for YT. I'm doing exactly what my mother and grandmothers did, following their traditions. I am though fully aware that others hold differently, and would want to visit this issue with my own Rav, hence my questions. I'd like to know the background of this, why it was done then and why/how it applies now. From experience, my Rav won't be forthcoming about all this, unless I come prepared with questions.

So relax, and continue your YT preparations. No need to be so bothered about what other people are doing.

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 8:23 am
First days were hot my kids wore summer dresses and summer shabbos robes and my boys short sleeves shirts.

Second days new winter robes and winter dresses. I washed pajamas and underwear socks etc for younger kids.

They always have extra things sweaters or hand me downs or last years stuff if we need
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics