Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Should American Allies help in this time of devestation?

Should American allies send aide to help w/ storm reconstruction?
yes  
 87%  [ 29 ]
no  
 12%  [ 4 ]
America shouldn't get any help  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 33

MatzosMama

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 4:33 am
I was wondering what the consensious is as to should the American Allies send aide to the souther states to help with reconstruction after this horrid stom? Crying

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 6:04 am
Of course they should, but will they?

sarahd

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 6:10 am
Why, can't America manage on its own?

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 6:50 am
It's not that America can't, but the right thing to do would be to offer the help. Every country with moral interests would. Judging from the great "love" of Americans and (Israel) prevalent in European nations, I think it's safe to assume that it won't happen.

lucky

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 8:32 am
America has always been the first to offer help to other nations in times of natural disasters. Venezuela has offered food and water. But I don't think anyone else will come forward with offers. All the countries that were helped by America in their times of need do not want to help America.
luckily We do not have to rely on other nations.

trafficgal

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 9:27 am
lucky you nsaid what I was going to thanks Smile

1stimer

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 9:30 am
Unless america needs the help, I don't see why other countries should offer the help.

technic

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 9:30 am
we WOULD help if we hadnt sacrificed so much to help our ally george bush in iraq!!! <ducking 2 avoid rotten tomatoes, eggs etc from american imamothers>

1stimer

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 9:38 am
Thumbs Up technic!

Mommy912

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 10:25 am

technic

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 10:59 am
HARDBOILED EGGS??? shock ...thats not playing fair!!! Tongue Out (great pic tho, u never cease 2 amaze me Very Happy )

MatzosMama

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 12:52 pm
Well I think that is would be a shame that other "allies" would not help....seems that the allies are all countries that can "support" them self. (Talking Europe here) Confused

debz123

Post Fri, Sep 02 2005, 5:12 pm
Lucky - I'm in total agreement with you

chochma73

Post Fri, Sep 02 2005, 5:43 pm
I don't think it is so much a fact of if the help is needed but that it should be offered anyway. After the tsunami almost every country offered help. While there was a real need for it is also a gesture of good will. If your neighbor has a fire or something else chas v'sholom wouldn't you do what you could to help?

Rivka

Post Sat, Sep 03 2005, 7:45 pm
I think the UK can help. Even if the US doesn't need, they should still offer help. Not nec of soldiers I doubt they need that and the UK cannot send out anymore, [they need them for the next fire strike]
But just to offer money to help rebuild the city that has been totally devastated.
Alot of countries that the US helps cannot afford to help the US, but they can give moral support.

technic

Post Sat, Sep 03 2005, 8:06 pm
fire strike made me laugh!!

lucky

Post Sun, Sep 04 2005, 11:16 am
KUWAIT - Wealthy OPEC nation Kuwait is donating $500 million worth of oil products and other humanitarian aid to its ally the United States to ease the impact of Hurricane Katrina, state news agency KUNA reported on Sunday.

"The humanitarian aid is oil products that the devastated (U.S.) states need in these circumstances, plus other humanitarian aid to lessen the devastation these three states have been subjected to," Energy Minister Sheikh Ahmad al-Fahd al-Sabah told KUNA.

Sheikh Ahmad said the gesture was a duty toward a friend by the tiny Gulf Arab state which was liberated in 1991 by a U.S.-led multinational coalition from seven months of occupation by Iraq.

The minister, who is also the OPEC chief, was speaking after the weekly meeting of the Council of Ministers. Tiny Kuwait controls nearly a tenth of global petroleum reserves.

Well, A nice gesture on their part. The other OPEC nations are probably rubbing their hands in glee at Americas woes.

MatzosMama

Post Mon, Sep 05 2005, 3:27 pm
I;m sure they are. But it is refineries that we need....not the oil..that is what is killing us here
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics