Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
ISO Baby Monitor

pause

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 3:45 pm
I'm looking for a good one. Don't throw tomatoes - it's not going to be used as a babysitter. I need it for when baby sleeps in one room while I'm working or sleeping in another.

I've never had one before, so I don't even know what features I do or don't want.

Thanks!

amother
NeonGreen

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 3:48 pm
this is not officially a baby monitor but I love the Wyze camera. If you have a smart phone you can use an app and easily see and hear (and record if baby is doing something cute 😜)

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 3:51 pm
amother [ NeonGreen ] wrote:
this is not officially a baby monitor but I love the Wyze camera. If you have a smart phone you can use an app and easily see and hear (and record if baby is doing something cute 😜)

We do this too, but it only works if the app is open

stillnewlywed

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 3:54 pm
I have the Vava monitor and I love it! My son is almost 2 and we still use it every night and when I'm far away from his room and he's napping.

pause

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 4:10 pm
Smartphone not an option.

stillnewlywed, what do you like about Vava?

pause

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 1:17 am
bumping up

pause

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:37 am
Anyone else?

autumnspring

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:50 am
I posted this on different thread while ago:

I did tonz of research before purchasing one, , this is a bit expensive but comes with 2 cameras. I think there is also option for just 1. I’m really liking it so far. Screen is clear, sound is good, detects slightest noise. Can see baby breathing through the screen. Easy to use.

Adding now: seems that they raised the price with like $20.

5" HD Split-Screen Baby Monitor, Babysense Video Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio,
Two HD Cameras with Remote PTZ, Night Light, 960ft Range, Two-Way Audio, 4X Zoom, Night Vision, 4000mAh Battery https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....0d3e9

pause

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 9:41 am
autumnspring wrote:
I posted this on different thread while ago:

I did tonz of research before purchasing one, , this is a bit expensive but comes with 2 cameras. I think there is also option for just 1. I’m really liking it so far. Screen is clear, sound is good, detects slightest noise. Can see baby breathing through the screen. Easy to use.

Adding now: seems that they raised the price with like $20.

5" HD Split-Screen Baby Monitor, Babysense Video Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio,
Two HD Cameras with Remote PTZ, Night Light, 960ft Range, Two-Way Audio, 4X Zoom, Night Vision, 4000mAh Battery https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....0d3e9

This is very expensive, more than I imagined. Is 200 a typical price for a video monitor? Why would I want or not want the video option?
Also, I do not need two cameras.

pause

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 10:22 pm
bumping again

Zehava

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 10:24 pm
Most people just use a camera system these days which connects to a broader home automation system like nest for example. That’s probably why stand-alone monitors with a screen would be expensive.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 10:25 pm
I'm in the same boat
Don't want/need smartphone connectivity, the horror stories of people hacking in are too much for me.
Just something to let me know if she's crying while I'm in another room
Anyone have anything like that?

amother
Apple

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 10:32 pm
I bought whatever was on sale Black Friday that year. The only thing important to me was that it not be connected to WiFi, I got spooked by horror stories. And it’s been working fine for six years straight through three kids so far.

Video is helpful because often you can see movement several minutes before the baby really starts making noise, it gives you a better early warning system. Also if the baby is crying you can look to see if they’re in a weird position or something, I’ve seen feet caught between cribs slats a few times and knew to go in immediately. As opposed to waiting a minute to see if they’ll settle. Things like that.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 11:43 pm
Video Baby Monitor with Digital Camera, ANMEATE Digital 2.4Ghz Wireless Video Monitor with Temperature Monitor, 960ft Transmission Range, 2-Way Talk, Night Vision, High Capacity Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F.....psc=1

Very happy with this one.
Although had I realized there’s an option for a video where you can see the baby breathing as someone posted up thread, I probably would have gone for that. Other than that, I find the video pretty clear, and my baby’s room is completely blacked out.

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:22 pm
pause wrote:
Smartphone not an option.

stillnewlywed, what do you like about Vava?

No wifi
Big screen
Good night vision
Can add cameras to the monitor if needed

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:56 pm
stillnewlywed wrote:
No wifi
Big screen
Good night vision
Can add cameras to the monitor if needed

would it work if there is a sound machine in the room? would you still be able to hear the baby?

pause

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:36 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Video Baby Monitor with Digital Camera, ANMEATE Digital 2.4Ghz Wireless Video Monitor with Temperature Monitor, 960ft Transmission Range, 2-Way Talk, Night Vision, High Capacity Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F.....psc=1

Very happy with this one.
Although had I realized there’s an option for a video where you can see the baby breathing as someone posted up thread, I probably would have gone for that. Other than that, I find the video pretty clear, and my baby’s room is completely blacked out.

This one is well-priced. How long do you have it already?

Angel

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:47 pm
I know wifi not an option but this has both!
Am absolutely loving it.

https://www.amazon.com/VTech-V.....r=8-3

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:38 pm
amother [ DarkMagenta ] wrote:
would it work if there is a sound machine in the room? would you still be able to hear the baby?

Yup I have a sound machine and was never an issue

lopman29

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:47 pm
Another vote for wyze cam I have them all over the house.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics