Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Monoclonal antibodies HOW DO YOU GET THEM?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 12:22 pm
I was exposed to covid and will have results of the test on yom tov. I have asked a shailla and am allowed, because of my health issues, to check results on yom tov.
If I find out I have it I want to get monoclonal antibodies quickly and I have no idea how one does it. Are there clinics? Is it administered in an emergency room? Do I need an appointment? I live in Manhattan (NY).

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 12:26 pm
828-4-plasma

Covid plasma initiative

This is an organization that you can call 24/7

Or

You doctor can advise you which hospital you can get it in. Be forewarned that NYC has a SEVERE shortage now.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 12:27 pm
Call your doctor now and find out where you can get them. Some urgent cares offer them with appointments and so do some hospitals.

If you can't reach your doctor call a medical referral agency and ask about it like Refuah Helpline or Chaim Medical Resource.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 12:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was exposed to covid and will have results of the test on yom tov. I have asked a shailla and am allowed, because of my health issues, to check results on yom tov.
If I find out I have it I want to get monoclonal antibodies quickly and I have no idea how one does it. Are there clinics? Is it administered in an emergency room? Do I need an appointment? I live in Manhattan (NY).

We got an appointment arranged at a hospital that had availability through Refuah in Monroe (even though we are located in NYC).

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 12:35 pm
We had someone come down to our home. DH called his Hatzola friend privately and he arranged for it.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 1:00 pm
Why was this post reported?
It was reported to be moved to the Covid forum

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 1:06 pm
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:

It was? Why?? I am just a not young person who may be in danger and wants to know what to do.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 1:10 pm
See info below:

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 1:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It was? Why?? I am just a not young person who may be in danger and wants to know what to do.

It was probably reported because there are some people out there who don't believe anyone has ever received a heter in the history of the world.

Try here https://hitesite.org/monoclonalantibody

Hope all is well, and chag sameach.

amother
Yolk

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 1:11 pm
amother [ Starflower ] wrote:

Someone is on a roll today.
Ignore it.

amother
Starflower

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 1:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Call refuah helpline on 845-782-2000
Or chaim medical on 845-492-8700
Call now before shabbos.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 1:14 pm
meanwhile start taking zinc. vit. d. vit. c. melatonin at night. quercitin. aspirin. iodine drops in water. baking soda in water. eated chopped garlic mixed with chumos or salad dressing.

Gargle with salt water.

if you can get prescription ivermectin. hydroxycloroquine. steroids. antibiotic like azythromicin.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 2:13 pm
Please note that I know many people who testing came back negative but turn out positive 2-3 later using a different lab or test!
Also plasma is officially only for high risk, pregnant in over 65. If not you will need inside protection. You need a script from your dr and it gets done in the er(that’s how it’s done in ny and nj I think). Maybe try to get a prescription today just in case. I also have heard some people who felt really sick for 3-4 days after receiving the plasma

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 2:39 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Please note that I know many people who testing came back negative but turn out positive 2-3 later using a different lab or test!
Also plasma is officially only for high risk, pregnant in over 65. If not you will need inside protection. You need a script from your dr and it gets done in the er(that’s how it’s done in ny and nj I think). Maybe try to get a prescription today just in case. I also have heard some people who felt really sick for 3-4 days after receiving the plasma

It’s not so hard to get. Anyone with pre-existing condition. A BMI of 25 isn’t so high.
(I’m 5-4” 150 lb size 8 and eligible). We had it in ER. In NJ. Didn’t need a prescription. Took a long time.
For my dh it was immediate. I was still sick a few days after but nothing dangerous.

Very interesting about retesting. We just were positive. Tons of ppl exposed to us were sick with same exact symptoms and tested negative on overnight PCR (they had fever, fatigue, chills, cough) many tested negative. They were vaccinated so I wondered if that had something to do with it.

We did the vitamin routine and maybe it made a difference.

If ch’v you do come down with it

drink. Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink.

- our dr recommended vitamin regime + no sleeping on back
3-6 melatonin - to help with brain fog, anti-inflammatory, also found it so hard to sleep
250 quercetin - helps with zinc absorption
1000 vitamin d (some say more)
500-1000 vitamin c - (some say more and some say none bec can increase inflammation)
50 zinc
325 aspirin

fleetwood

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 3:13 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
meanwhile start taking zinc. vit. d. vit. c. melatonin at night. quercitin. aspirin. iodine drops in water. baking soda in water. eated chopped garlic mixed with chumos or salad dressing.

Gargle with salt water.

if you can get prescription ivermectin. hydroxycloroquine. steroids. antibiotic like azythromicin.

Pls do not do any of things without doctor approval..it may do more harm than good.
Feel better

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 3:22 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Pls do not do any of things without doctor approval..it may do more harm than good.
Feel better

Most Doctors only follow orders from CDC.

So most doctors will tell you to do NOTHING.

What I wrote what thousands of doctors recommend. No harm.

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 3:25 pm
Refuah shleimah op! Hugs and hatzlocha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics