Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help me help my newborn! (TMI)
Previous  1  2

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 4:53 pm
Please don’t do anything without a doctor or allergist guidance. Don’t give a newborn apple juice in a bottle without a doctors consent . I have used elecare my son loves it if course takes a few times to get used to the taste like any other person tasting something new. There’s also neocate.
Please try to get him off of the soy he is obviously having a reaction to that as well. Especially if it’s an allergy baby. Call the allergist. And don’t give up on the elecare. Give a little each time even if you haveto do a half of ounce every hour or two till he gets used to the taste. Hatzlacha

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 4:55 pm
Thanks all. Just spoke to the doc, he said to keep him on the soy another few days as it could be his body is still getting rid of the milk allergy and used to the soy… 🤷🏻‍♀️

imamommy5

Post Mon, Sep 27 2021, 6:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby is 4 weeks old. He is exclusively formula fed. We started him right away on gentelease because my others have a sensitivity to milk. Well, apparently so does he as after two weeks we got him tested for milk allergies because he was displaying all the symptoms and the test came out positive. Dr. Told us to switch him to either soy or elecare. We tried the elecare, he gagged and threw up after an ounce. (Officially tastes disgusting) We tried a soy based formula since that’s what worked for some of my others and we don’t really have any options left. He takes it relatively nicely but is SO constipated! We tried the thermometer, the leg movements etc. Doctor said to do prune juice and glycerin suppositories. We tried the prune juice and thought we had found the answer. He pooped so much the first day we gave it to him. Since then, nothing. He’s so uncomfortable! The only thing that works for him are the suppositories but he literally can not go without them. And he tries so hard! His little face turns red and the first time he actually pooped, it was as if he was giving birth! (Stools streaked with red blood 😭😭) He grunts all night cuz he’s so uncomfortable. It’s so hard to see him like this!

My questions are:

What bottles worked for your baby? We’re using the Dr. Browns air vent ones now but I feel it’s too fast for him. (The preemie size is too slow)

Anyone have any tried and true methods to get his bowel movements regulated?

If your baby was on elecare, how did you get him to take it?

Thanks in advance!

I normally wouldn't suggest this so ask your doctor but why dont you try mixing formulas? try 2 ounces of elecare and 2 ounces of a better tasting formula. again I dont really like mixing formulas so ask someone who knows you. if you do though you have to make sure you make it separately then mix.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics