Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Family sitting Shivah and in Bibud - need groceries

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:03 am
Any place to order online or on the phone?

Jerusalem

banana123

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:13 am
Shufersal, Mega, Machsanei Hashuk, Rami Levy. Call your local makolet and ask them to deliver and explain you're in bidud.

If you are a new olah and have no idea who your local makolet is, you can PM me and I will help you navigate the options.

A few months ago I ordered a relative in bidud some groceries from this site. It arrived a few hours after I ordered and I was very happy with the service.

https://www.feelbox.co.il/

Last edited by banana123 on Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

banana123

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:14 am
I liked Feelbox (and used them that day) because they offered same-day delivery to feed my hungry relative within just a couple of hours.

Most other sites don't offer same-day delivery, so your best bet for today would be to order a pizza, while putting in an order to arrive tomorrow or Sunday.

Teomima

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:21 am
banana123 wrote:
Most other sites don't offer same-day delivery, so your best bet for today would be to order a pizza, while putting in an order to arrive tomorrow or Sunday.

Quik has same day delivery. https://quik.co.il/
Shufersal usually has same day delivery if you order in the first half of the week.

banana123

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:24 am
Right, I forgot about Quik. It doesn't service my area, soo.... Smile

I haven't found that to be true for Shufersal, but it probably depends on the snif.

Success10

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:25 am
If you let me know where you are, I might have an idea what store is closest to you. We can help you make an order. And if you or your spouse has experienced a loss, I'm sorry, you should be comforted among the mourners of Zion.

essie14

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:28 am
Never used them but heard about them

https://5dakot.com/en

So sorry for your loss.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:37 am
Thanks all, I’m going to check these out. My mother is sitting with her family in Israel. They all just flew in and so all are in bidud. I’m overseas but trying to help out by making the order. I’m going to check and see which delivers to there area. They are right near the עיריה on yaffo.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:41 am
Also another thing, do all these sites keep shmittah?

banana123

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:44 am
Mmm, that's a good question. For the chains it depends on the branch. What does "keep shmitta" mean for your mother? Otzar beit din? Yevul nochri? Heter mechira? Yevul chu"l?

Here is a link to Otzar Ha'aretz's list of participating stores. You might have to split the purchase, with most items being from a supermarket or one makolet, and the produce being from a different store.

https://otzar-haretz.co.il/%d7.....7%aa/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions