Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Newish Jewish books

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 1:32 pm
Any recommendations for books released recently.
Need something that's available in Israel

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 1:52 pm
Living Legend. A Tap on the Shoulder.

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 2:16 pm
Novels?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 7:02 pm
Can I be so bold as to recommend my book Wink

Rule of Three -Esther Kurtz

#Happymom

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 7:04 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

it's a good book!!
Love it

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 7:10 pm
Wasnt rule of three serialized in mishpacha?

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 7:14 pm
Books by Libby Klein.All excelent.They are in Hebrew.oops, are you looking for English books?

penguin

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 11:22 pm
Just came across Bridges Across the World by Rachel Pomerantz. Just making sure if a/o knows that it's new (& not a reprint).

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Nov 04 2021, 7:56 pm
New, just got a promotional email about it 😉

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Feb 27 2022, 12:18 pm
Has anyone read R’ Kanievsky’s book on shidduchim?
The cookbook Simply?
What other new releases are good?

dena613

Post Sun, Feb 27 2022, 12:49 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:

Hi, Esther!!. Hi are you the one who conducted those weird experiments in Family First?
I loved them!!!
haven't seen them in a lot time! Missing them...

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Feb 27 2022, 2:17 pm
amother [ Grape ] wrote:
Has anyone read R’ Kanievsky’s book on shidduchim?

This is the last book I would ever want to read, I don’t know your personal taste but there was a promotional article in one of the magazines for this book a few weeks ago and they had some excerpts printed.
The whole things seems to be propaganda for a very narrow worldview promoting certain negative messages I have seen common in the yeshivish world. Don’t get me wrong I’m very yeshivish myself but I don’t agree with the messages in this book. The book title doesn’t exactly describe it’s contents, it seems that much of it are stories about a couple of Israeli gedolim related to shidduchim mostly encouraging people to get das Torah for every little thing in particular related to shidduchim and it’s not something I believe in, I don’t think one needs daas Torah in order to go out with someone or to get engaged to someone there are certain situations one might need some guidance but mostly you can get engaged without consulting das Torah..

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 27 2022, 2:29 pm
penguin wrote:
Just came across Bridges Across the World by Rachel Pomerantz. Just making sure if a/o knows that it's new (& not a reprint).

It's new.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 27 2022, 2:32 pm
amother [ RosePink ] wrote:
This is the last book I would ever want to read, I don’t know your personal taste but there was a promotional article in one of the magazines for this book a few weeks ago and they had some excerpts printed.
The whole things seems to be propaganda for a very narrow worldview promoting certain negative messages I have seen common in the yeshivish world. Don’t get me wrong I’m very yeshivish myself but I don’t agree with the messages in this book. The book title doesn’t exactly describe it’s contents, it seems that much of it are stories about a couple of Israeli gedolim related to shidduchim mostly encouraging people to get das Torah for every little thing in particular related to shidduchim and it’s not something I believe in, I don’t think one needs daas Torah in order to go out with someone or to get engaged to someone there are certain situations one might need some guidance but mostly you can get engaged without consulting das Torah..

Not at all.

I just read the book and I thought it was excellent. Not at all the way you're describing (I'm not someone who asks every little thing and I certainly don't think its daas Torah so I'm actually someone who agrees with your opinion and I still found it valuable. )

amother
RosePink

Post Sun, Feb 27 2022, 2:35 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Not at all.

I just read the book and I thought it was excellent. Not at all the way you're describing (I'm not someone who asks every little thing and I certainly don't think its daas Torah so I'm actually someone who agrees with your opinion and I still found it valuable. )

Interesting. Maybe I judged too early, I read the article and was quite triggered by some of the messages in the article, and had a long discussion with some people.
I feel bad now that I wrote all that stuff.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Apr 28 2022, 1:22 pm
dena613 wrote:
Hi, Esther!!. Hi are you the one who conducted those weird experiments in Family First?
I loved them!!!
haven't seen them in a lot time! Missing them...

Sorry! Just saw this now,

And Yup, that was me. I stopped them a while ago, I miss it too, but it's sooooo tricky to come up with appropriate and feasible experiments Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room