Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Best Baby Swing?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 3:12 pm
If money weren't an issue, what's the best baby swing out there, and why?

I have a high budget but the price has to make sense for the quality/features, and I wouldn't mind getting something cheaper and use the change for something else. So please share your favorite baby swing in any price range. Pros and cons too.

Thanks.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:08 pm
Babies love the Fisher Price Snuggapuppy best, from the research I have done. The mamaroo is the most popular in the frum high-end world, but I would say that babies do not like it as much as the classic design of the Fisher Price Snuggapuppy.

I had a high budget but chose the Snuggapuppy and was very happy. I personally never tried the mamaroo but heard from many that their babies did not love it.

Fox

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:30 pm
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
Babies love the Fisher Price Snuggapuppy best, from the research I have done. The mamaroo is the most popular in the frum high-end world, but I would say that babies do not like it as much as the classic design of the Fisher Price Snuggapuppy.

I had a high budget but chose the Snuggapuppy and was very happy. I personally never tried the mamaroo but heard from many that their babies did not love it.

I am long past the baby swing parsha myself, but I've had recent experience via my grandsons.

My two daughters and I are big, big fans of the Snuggapuppy! The biggest feature is that it is easy to adjust to forward/backward swinging or side-to-side swinging. Some babies have a very strong preference.

While all swings take up room, the Snuggapuppy is a lot more forgiving. You can tuck the legs under a couch or find other ways to maneuver it.

One of my daughters was lent a Mamaroo, and neither she nor her baby particularly liked it. All the various movement styles were just confusing, and her little guy just wanted to go back and forth.

Funny story: I ordered two Snuggapuppies for my house from Amazon, and I ordered a third for one of my daughters. That triggered Amazon's algorithm, and they still ask me occasionally if I would like to "subscribe and save" on the Snuggapuppy -- as if I were wearing one out each month and needed a monthly replacement.

GLUE

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 4:50 pm
What ever swing you get make show that you can plug it in. You don't want the batteries to die when your baby is in it and you can't find new batteries.

amother
Vanilla

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 7:05 pm
I had the mamaroo and the Fisher-Price Deluxe Take-Along Swing & Seat.

My baby wouldn’t last more then 2 min in the mamaroo yet loved the fisher price one. I know ppl swear by the mamaroo but after talking to a few ppl that had it they all say that their babies never stayed In it long.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 7:07 pm
I got the mamaroo with my oldest. Used it with 3 kids. It’s pretty but babies don’t love it. When they are very newborn it’s great but they outgrow it fast

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 7:52 pm
Thanks all.
I had the snugapuppy for 3 kids and loved it, but it broke. Was thinking of getting the mamaroo cuz of all the hype, so I'm happy to hear it's not worth it.
One thing I didn't like about the fisher price was that even the more upright position was too reclined for my reflux babies.
I also saw graco swings with the option to remove the seat and use as a rocker/bouncer. I like that feature cuz I keep the swing plugged in in the kitchen, and wouldn't mind taking a sleeping baby with me to the other end of the house.
Anyone know which is the best swing with this feature, That also has more upright and recline positions?

mizle10

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:28 pm
I Haven't seen the Mamaroo in a couple of years.

Whoever is spending on a swing in my crowd is getting the Nuna Leaf. I have it and loved it. My baby sat in it so happily, and she was a very fussy baby.

It's also beautiful!! So clean. Much smaller and sleeker than the mamaroo.
If you do get it, make sure it's compatible with the Nuna Wind and get them together, without it it's pretty much useless.

Edit: the leaf seat doesn't recline/sit up. Its one position only.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics