Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
White shirts are always wrinkled

Colorpop

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 11:59 am
Even though my husband has non-iron shirts, they always seem to come out of the wash very wrinkled.

I don't have the time to start ironing them, so I just thought of maybe putting them into the dryer for a few minutes and then taking them out. I'm not sure if the dryer would ruin the shirts though.

Do any of you have any smart tricks to keep the white shirts not wrinkled without ironing?

juggling

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 12:16 pm
I always put white shirts in the dryer. I try to take them out when still damp, and/or put them on a minimal-drying Perm-press cycle. But they still come put wrinkled... my other trick is a bit controversial, but I spray the clean, dry shirts liberally with white vinegar and most of the wrinkles just disappear. Usually the vinegar smell dissipates with time, but one child recently complained that his shirts smelled like vinegar. So try at your own risk I guess.

zaq

Post Wed, Sep 29 2021, 8:47 pm
If the shirts are so-called permanent press they need the heat of the dryer to release the wrinkles. Don’t overdry—it’s good if they’re still a tad damp— and hang the shirts up immediately.

Colorpop

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 5:34 am
Thank you so much for the suggestions!

Ma3

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 5:50 am
Colorpop wrote:
Even though my husband has non-iron shirts, they always seem to come out of the wash very wrinkled.

I don't have the time to start ironing them, so I just thought of maybe putting them into the dryer for a few minutes and then taking them out. I'm not sure if the dryer would ruin the shirts though.

Do any of you have any smart tricks to keep the white shirts not wrinkled without ironing?

Make sure to wash them the right way too. Only warm/perm press cycle. Not hot water.

salt

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 5:51 am
I find they often straighten out once they are worn.
They only look wrinkled when they come out the wash.

saybesser

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 5:56 am
Warm wash
Put in dryer for just a few minutes otherwise you can burn the shirts
And hang them up with top button buttoned

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 6:53 am
Why no hot water? I always wash my whites in hot water. The only time the shirts come out wrinkled is if they were left in the machine or dryer for too long. There’s also one brand that one of my boys has that even though it says wrinkle free, it’s not really wrinkle free like all the other ones.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 8:27 pm
non iron shirts aren't wrinkle free forever. the treatment wears off

ddmom

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:30 pm
You can set spinning cycle on medium instead of fast so they'll be less wrinkles!
My dryer has a dewrinkle option but 10 minutes in the dryer should do the trick. I usually only put half load at a time in dryer!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry