Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Please update me: Ami living serial See You
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Sep 19 2021, 2:46 pm
#Happymom wrote:
I started off really enjoying this serial, but now I just do not like esther's character!! she is extremely self absorbed and she cries way too much and she's always worrying about others thinking about her... Although, if mindy did realise that she was stealing esther's chossen, and still did it just to get the better end of the deal, then that could be a great reason for such a feud. I also feel like the writer makes it seem like esther has it all together in public and is a seemingly amazing and accomplished multitasker, we the readers never seem to see that side of her.

I don't think Mindy knew she was "stealing" Esther's chosson. In fact, it's made very clear that Mindy has absolutely no idea what Esther's beef with her is.

This story makes me sad because I have one sister. We didnt get along so well when we were growing up. Normal sibling stuff. I was the older sister who overshadowed my younger sister.

But today we are so close and would do literally anything for each other. We have a very strong love for each other. I can't imagine my sister not talking to me. We dont live in the same city, but we feel very close. When my kids see her, they feel like they are with their mother.
So reading about two sisters like Esther and Mindy makes me very sad and upset.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:28 am
Can anyone post what happened this week? (post succos issue)

creditcards

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:44 am
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
I don't think Mindy knew she was "stealing" Esther's chosson. In fact, it's made very clear that Mindy has absolutely no idea what Esther's beef with her is.

This story makes me sad because I have one sister. We didnt get along so well when we were growing up. Normal sibling stuff. I was the older sister who overshadowed my younger sister.

But today we are so close and would do literally anything for each other. We have a very strong love for each other. I can't imagine my sister not talking to me. We dont live in the same city, but we feel very close. When my kids see her, they feel like they are with their mother.
So reading about two sisters like Esther and Mindy makes me very sad and upset.

She did know. She said a comment on her wedding day that it's good that there were no simanim like when Yaakov married Leah instead of Rochel. That comment got Esther very upset. Like why is she pretending she doesn't know why her sister is upset? She should have apologized and not said that comment.

Can anyone post what happened in the other story of Shalom in prison. I missed a few weeks a while back. Why did he want to divorce her. And what happened that his sister Shifra is not on speaking terms with her?

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 8:48 am
I missed this week (post succos). Can anyone recap what happened in see you?

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 8:53 am
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
Most of it was in her mind!
What was her big claim against mindy? That mindy was so talented and popular and didnt bring her sister into the limelight?? That wasnt Mindy's job! It was the job of their parents and teachers. Her claim against Mindy might have made sense as a child but once she is a grown adult, she should realize how unfair and ridiculous her grudge was.

Yup you’re right!
I still feel bad for Esther though

amother
Steel

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 8:54 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
I missed this week (post succos). Can anyone recap what happened in see you?

Esther talks to her daughters over sushi but they’re angry and then Shlomo joined in middle, in their house.
The girls are very very upset and angry but at the end agree to come to the vort.
Seems that they like Shlomo (subconsciously) after meeting him for first time among all the drama and tears he said all the right things, so they mellow a few degrees but still make no promises.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 10:00 am
Shlomo and Esther are beyond selfish they are acting like 19 year olds who only care about themselves .. why did they not ask a Rav or therapist for advice how to break to her kid’s that she is getting marrried and taking it slow without just getting engaged having a big fancy vort only thinking of the excitement for themselves and no one else.. also where are shlomos children? She didn’t even meet them?

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 10:01 am
They could have just been unofficially engaged before announcing to the world nothing would happen if they waited a few more weeks what’s the rush??

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Oct 10 2021, 12:27 am
What happened this week?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 1:16 pm
Does anyone else think that there’s something hiding behind shlomo’s perfect facade? And that his parents davka decided to start a magazine to get esther to work with them so that they could set her up with their son.

Debbie

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 2:10 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Does anyone else think that there’s something hiding behind shlomo’s perfect facade? And that his parents davka decided to start a magazine to get esther to work with them so that they could set her up with their son.

You could be on to something; I thought that Shlomo's mother seemed a bit over enthusiastic for Esther to meet him.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 2:11 pm
Not a fan of esthers
Could’ve broken the news better
Still her kids are adults young adults and their sentiments while understandable are not what she or anyone else in her position should be basing their decisions upon
She can have the vort she wants
And marry who she wants
While allowing and giving them space to adjust
Good move to have them meet him and vice versa

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:33 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

I don’t think so.
Shlomo seems genuine.
And his father wasn’t even sure about the shidduch and didn’t want to push Shlomo into it.
I also don’t think I’d be Esther’s friend if it was in real life, but in the story I like her.

amother
Offwhite

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:40 pm
Why was she looking at him “shyly” I mean I guess the first time around a kallah can be shy but cmon she was married, she’s a grown woman, her kids are grown ups!!! No need to be shy
Also what is up with the two yentas by the vort? Cmon trying to ruin a shidduch... it’s not like this was a shidduch with two clueless young kids
I don’t think you can “ruin” a shidduch when two actual grown ups with life experience decide to marry... I would hope they both did proper research and dated enough to be sure with their decision
Grow up, esther

amother
Steel

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 9:46 pm
I can imagine why she’s feeling a bit shy with her chosson. Just a tinge.
But ya major yentaville AT the vort, that wouldn’t happen in real life (ummm, hopefully!)

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Oct 11 2021, 10:03 pm
Even if second time around still vulnerable so shy ya

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 6:12 pm
Well…I feel like this is a heartfelt plea to the author….we all need and love happy endings. While knowing it doesn’t always work out like that in life and really I am so far from naive - just makes me think all the more so we need one here.
Let shlomo be normal let his family too be as wonderful as they appear to be. No deep dark secrets or weird twists revealed. Let them be happy.
Let us believe in second chances.
As for avigayil the same. She has options. I don’t recall her age but she doesn’t have to live at home should she choose otherwise. There are good boarding school opportunities programs all over the world she can do and be anything she wants. She can go to e”y. B”H they have the finances too to do so.
Or let her stay home and learn how enriched her life can be in spite of her traumatic loss of her father with a fine stepfather and happy mother and married sister and involved aunt. No more cut offs and secrets. Joyful. If she needs professional help she can get it.
Let Ruchie get engaged and be happy. Let Esther and her sister and brother come together and rebuild. Let avigayil see that her life can be rich and joyful without craziness and rebellion. Please show the healing power of love IY”H. Different yes and maybe in some ways even better. Psychological depth rather than suspenseful gimiky twists and turns. Please.
You are a wonderful writer.
Thank you.

NotLazySusan

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 9:03 pm
What about Esther’s sons? 2 young boys who sometimes get put to sleep by Ruchie? They have not been mentioned in weeks. Thoughts?

amother
Hydrangea

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 9:14 pm
I also find it weird that they made such a big engagement. Is this really acceptable for a second marriage in the kind of circles they run in? And it's also perfectly normal for children not to attend, not sure why she had to convince them to at all.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Oct 25 2021, 9:58 pm
Good point the boys barely figure in at all which is odd
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room