Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Story Supplements in the Yom Tov Magazines
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 9:51 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
The one with Tirtzah being sold as a slave to support her family touched me in such a deep depressing way, I was literally sad by the YT seuda afterwards looking around at my precious girls and thinking of one sad girl who had to go live somewhere else just so her family can eat and then her father didn't even want to redeem her after 2 yrs, so horrible! Then she was so respectful to him and ready to get married at such a young age. Oh, I hope these kind of stories didn't really happen! So so so sad! I'm tearing up again just thinking of it!

I couldn’t handle that one either

rdmom

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 9:59 pm
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
I know I posted up thread about the stories not having good endings, but over second half I read the binah supplement (vistas), and each story ends with a big red dot. Two stories seem to truly end mid-story and don't have the concluding dot. I don't usually buy binah, but if they publish the endings I just might. Can someone please post if they do?

One story’s ending was in the binah main issue. Under the our say.
The other one I didn’t see what was missing. If you want to pm me, I can find out.

peanutsmom

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:04 pm
amother [ Razzmatazz ] wrote:
The Vaad is wrong in that Vistas story whose title I've forgotten, and though Raizy should not automatically copy her mother's opinions, she should still recognize that they are abusing their power.

I found this story very interesting how her opinion totally changed just from knowing her mother was opposing it. It made me think of how many times we subconsciously change our opinion without realizing it because of others.
Page 7 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room