Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
I know it's early, but....DANCE theme
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 8:29 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
https://estherodesign.com/blogs/esther-o-design/girly-ballet-package

Bshaa Tova

Love this idea!! And Amen💞

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 8:31 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Love your theme!!
There's a lot you can work with - dance accessories like pom poms, musical notes, dress up things like feathers and sparkly necklaces. Love the ballet shoes idea.
It's never too early to think of a theme! Every
Purim, I try to think of a theme for next year while I'm still in the "mode" and inspired by other people's cute ideas.

So when we got married I had a whole list of ideas that either connected with our last name, or just really cute ideas that I want to do eventually. I have a list of looootttssss of ideas and kinda wish purim came more often😂 I'm pretty creative and I love that this yt let's my creative juices flow!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 8:32 pm
amother [ Tiffanyblue ] wrote:
I bought my Purim costumes in the summer! It’s never too early! Whenever inspiration hits.

Agreed!!!

qwerty4

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:23 pm
Where would there be sales worth checking out?

amother
Charcoal

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:48 pm
amother [ Cinnamon ] wrote:
Speaking of which, anyone have their menu for succos 2022?

yep same as last week!

dena613

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 10:59 pm
The nutcracker is an xmas theme.

bigsis144

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:27 am
dena613 wrote:
The nutcracker is an xmas theme.

Not any moreso than snowmen with candy canes, I would think?

The Nutcracker ballet itself is very tied to that season but isn’t religious at all. In fact, all the dancing sweets (sugar plums, coffee, candy canes, etc.) make a gift basket theme unto themselves.

I get the hesitation/sensitivity, but it’s not like Santa Claus or anything 🤷🏻‍♀️

amother
Petunia

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 1:18 am
I’m with you OP!!

I was just looking for our costumes yesterday
And my family and friends think I’m wacky

My oldest chose what we should do and we gona go from there!

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 1:37 am
WHAT??!!! WHY?! TODAY?! NOOOO!!!!
Am I the only one that thinks this is insane?!!

clowny

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:11 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
WHAT??!!! WHY?! TODAY?! NOOOO!!!!
Am I the only one that thinks this is insane?!!

Nopes. I’m with you.
I wonder when those people ever breath and relax. When do they really get to enjoy life??I’m still drowning in lots of work from after yom tov, still finishing up winter wardrobe shopping, kids didn’t even go back to school yet. My house hasn’t been quite in weeks and here I’m reading about a purim theme. GOODNESS!

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:16 am
clowny wrote:
Nopes. I’m with you.
I wonder when those people ever breath and relax. When do they really get to enjoy life??I’m still drowning in lots of work from after yom tov, still finishing up winter wardrobe shopping, kids didn’t even go back to school yet. My house hasn’t been quite in weeks and here I’m reading about a purim theme. GOODNESS!

I’m guessing op didn’t make yom tov. You of all users on this site should be embracing the early approach of adar Wink 🤡

amother
Petunia

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 2:49 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I’m guessing op didn’t make yom tov. You of all users on this site should be embracing the early approach of adar Wink 🤡

I’m not OP…
But I did make YT
And hosted almost all meals the whole month!!

I like thinking about Purim when everything else seems overwhelming Smile

Iymnok

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 6:53 am
One year my day and son were Mexican dancers. Do a Google image search.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 6:59 am
clowny wrote:
Nopes. I’m with you.

For people who’s outlet is creativity like that, it actually is relaxing and helps them breathe through these difficult and stressful times, when they begin thinking of these types of ideas and get their creative juices flowing. At least that’s how it works for me.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 7:08 am
It actually not crazy because you are coming up to the Halloween costume sales soon....so good for you op. I've still gotta take down my sukka

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 7:14 am
Are you specifically looking at ballet dancing? Because dh could be some other kind of dancer-put some tap shoes on for tap dancer or red colored costume and start dancing the tango.
There's no reason to do nutcracker costume over any other ballet-look up what most male ballet dancers wear-there's a range depending on the ballet they're performing in. Admittedly most do wear tights, but you could probably get away without it. Put a circlet around his head and he could be any manner of prince which covers at least half the ballets.

amother
Charcoal

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 11:19 am
Nah its not too early were doing peinguins decided that last year on purim!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 11:22 am
clowny wrote:
Nopes. I’m with you.

I didn't make yt, we were by family. And purim planning is one of the things I do to enjoy life!!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 11:22 am
thunderstorm wrote:
For people who’s outlet is creativity like that, it actually is relaxing and helps them breathe through these difficult and stressful times, when they begin thinking of these types of ideas and get their creative juices flowing. At least that’s how it works for me.

Yup!

YYYY

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:48 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

This. If somebody thinks about Purim now because they have a pressure, that's a problem. But somebody who enjoys it? Hobbies can be done any time of the year...

All of Sukkos I was thinking how I will decorate my Sukkah next year. I just need something creative to think of when I have a quiet minute, and being around sukkahs got the juices flowing...
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics