Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Machon Shlomo

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:17 am
This yeshiva showed up on a shidduch resume. Can anyone tell me what it is and what kind of boys go there?

yamaha

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:23 am
It's a yeshiva for new baalei teshuva, generally post-college grads. Very smart guys.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:28 am
yamaha wrote:
It's a yeshiva for new baalei teshuva, generally post-college grads. Very smart guys.

What ends up happening w their graduates? Do they become real bnei Torah who are fulky integrated into their communities or is this more of a program to teach basics?

amother
Sand

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What ends up happening w their graduates? Do they become real bnei Torah who are fulky integrated into their communities or is this more of a program to teach basics?

I know two Machon Shlomo men, both of whom are well into their 50s so things might have changed, but they are well integrated into the community.

yamaha

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:37 am
From what I understand, it's a formal program. The guys start at the basics, but they end up learning Gemara. Obviously each person is different, but overall they aim for the guys to be well-integrated and strong in their observance. Strong emphasis on going back to the profession they originally studied, instead of becoming rabbanim going into Kiruv. Some end up transitioning to other mainstream yeshivas after a few years, but even those who don't have a very strong education.

yamaha

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:38 am
Obviously, I'm speaking generally. The amount of integration will depend on how much the individual themselves cares about it and works for it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 8:59 am
It's a serious BT yeshiva. Graduates are usually accomplished professionals and frum.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 9:09 am
The Baalei teshuva I know from there are all NORMAL! Nothing weird or socially off about them. I am a big fan. They seem fully integrated and don’t give off “Baal teshuva vibes” if you know what I mean. (Nothing wrong with that- it’s just not machon Shlomo type.)
The FFB bais Yaakov type
Girls I know who married BT, all came from Machon Shlomo.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 9:25 am
Thank you all so much. That was very useful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children