Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is it time for black tights yet ?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 3:00 pm
Elfrida -where do you live ? In NY it’s cold without black tights

Elfrida

Post Sat, Oct 02 2021, 1:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Elfrida -where do you live ? In NY it’s cold without black tights

I have the honour of living in Jerusalem. The other sandals advocates on this thread also live in Israel. But I also wore sandals as much as I could when I lived in London. I never wore tights in London, either. My mother used to tell me how cold I would be without, and I replied that I preferred to be comfortable. I don't remember feeling cold, and I was never sick.

I'm not sure why the colour of the tights is significant in terms of warmth, other than perhaps psychologically. The fabric and thickness, I'll agree, but I don't think black tights are any warmer than grey, brown or red of the same make.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Sat, Oct 02 2021, 5:22 pm
Elfrida wrote:
I have the honour of living in Jerusalem. The other sandals advocates on this thread also live in Israel. But I also wore sandals as much as I could when I lived in London. I never wore tights in London, either. My mother used to tell me how cold I would be without, and I replied that I preferred to be comfortable. I don't remember feeling cold, and I was never sick.

I'm not sure why the colour of the tights is significant in terms of warmth, other than perhaps psychologically. The fabric and thickness, I'll agree, but I don't think black tights are any warmer than grey, brown or red of the same make.

Wow no tights in London and you didn't feel cold? Lucky!

When I say black tights, I mean opaque as opposed to nude with are at most 20 denier.
I am miserable when my feet are cold. In London we have cold and rainy days even during the summer when I'd feel too odd to wear black tights, so I suffer with cold feet and get in such a bad mood those days. Im usually one of the first to switch to black, sooo much more comfortable for me.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 02 2021, 9:21 pm
To clarify - when I said black tights I meant the whole color spectrum of heavier tights. It’s not the color, it’s the denier .
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics