Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Let's talk about black
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Sep 30 2021, 11:18 pm
I never wear all black unless its a black dress. But I don't even think I own any plain black dresses.
Most Winter days I'll have some black on me though. For sure tights, but also a skirt or shirt.
I don't wear black shoes though. I actually just bought my first pair of black shoes for weekday since high school!

amother
Azalea

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:36 am
Moonlight wrote:
I only wear black skirts and during winter black tights. Colorful tops for me

This is nearly me. But that's because I don't feel confident in my ability to coordinate clothes/colors with anything but black, so much so that I now feel like an imposter if I wear a non black skirt. One of my kids recently mentioned how I only wear black, so I showed a gray skirt in my closet (that doesn't fit TMI ).

But I also don't wear (all) black tops, especially because then I'd worry the blacks don't match. Can't Believe It

I wear nude/flesh colored stockings/tights in warm weather (usually with a variation of tan/cream/champagne or pewter shoes) and black tights on cold days with black shoes.

Not a huge accessorizer, but also like to complement or brighten with tichels if I'm not wearing a sheitel.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:38 am
I try to stay away from black- same goes to my kids.....

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:42 am
I am outdated, but I don't care.

My standard outfit is Black Skirt, Black, White or Navy shell, and a short sleeved
or sleeveless tunic top.

That's my uniform. Smile

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:49 am
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
Only on imamother could someone use a post about fashion as a means to insult those with whom they disagree politically.

It must be sad to be so insecure.

ImaMother

Come for the fashion tips

Stay for the catfights Very Happy

amother
Steelblue

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 12:58 am
Some women look very classy in all black, but I don't think it's a universal color: I always look much more worn out and tired when I wear black near my face. Charcoal and navy are better dark neutrals for me.

amother
Hawthorn

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 6:38 am
I am a fat old lady and black makes me look slimmer (well, that's what I tell myself anyway). It's also easier to pack and easier to match with anything. And if you wear it for a couple of days like on a trip it doesn't show dirt as easily. And if your grandchild spills something on you it doesn't matter as much. So lots of reasons. Sue me.

BTW when I first saw this topic I thought it was about race!

amother
Glitter

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 1:48 pm
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:
We have new neighbors on the block with 2 girls in shiduchim. The mother was saying that they are having a very hard time. I have known them only a few weeks, but never saw neither the mother or her girls wearing anything else that black from head to toes, shabbos yom tov and weekdays. I cant help feeling bad for those girls. If thats how they show up on dates, what kind of impression do they make? Please tell me is it still a thing to wear all black in very yeshivish circles?

absolutely not!!
I'm part of a yeshivish shul, I didn't see one person in all black on simchos Torah, I saw knits, tons of brown, beige, floral, some greys, tons of prints...barely any black at all..personally I ended up wearing printed dresses to shul, like many women...
for weekday I'll often wear a black/dark/solid knit top tucked into a colored skirt (tweed, crushed velvet, print, whatever)

BrisketBoss

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 1:52 pm
amother [ Steel ] wrote:
Adults can wear what they want even if I think it's ugly, dreary, illogical and all wrong for the season. What really sends me into the stratosphere is young children (well, really anyone under 20 but especially children and babies) dressed in black head to toe. And I did see this over the YomTovim (over and over and over) in a place I won't name.

If the KBH had intended people to look like crows, would he have created beautiful color and taught humankind the art of dyeing?

Same. Saw plenty of little girls dressed all in black on YT. So strange. In regular person etiquette, even for a funeral this isn't done.

amother
Milk

Post Fri, Oct 01 2021, 3:56 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Ok. So today I see a woman wearing black shoes, black tights, blacks skirt and black sweater ( more than 1 ๐Ÿ˜Š) So not used to it from after the summer. Made me realize how bad it looked and commiting to wearing more color this season. What about you?

Too much is not a good thing. Especially when itโ€™s barely cool out yet.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics