Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Did you do Laser eye surgery? Please share information
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 2:45 am
I’m strongly considering it because I’m so uncomfortable in lenses.
IDid you do it? Or do you know somebody that did it?
By whom?
How are you happy with the results?
Night vision? Reading?
Describe the experience, pain and the down time.
Thank you for all your help.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 2:52 am
Did it in Israel, so I can't recommend anyone in New York. The surgery itself was quick. I needed a few days to be fully functional afterwards. For about a week, my eyes felt grainy, as though I'd gotten sand in them. Also for about two weeks, I saw haloes around lights at night. But that was it. Ten years later, I'm thrilled with the results.

I will say that I wouldn't risk any surgery if you have other options. I couldn't see well in glasses and had developed a reaction to my contacts, so I didn't have much of a choice.

One lovely thing about living in Israel - the doctor's office sends out pre-op instructions, including directions for after the procedure. They remind you that you won't be able to get your face wet for a few days after the surgery, so please coordinate with your mikva schedule. Very Happy

Rappel

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 3:03 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Did it in Israel, so I can't recommend anyone in New York. The surgery itself was quick. I needed a few days to be fully functional afterwards. For about a week, my eyes felt grainy, as though I'd gotten sand in them. Also for about two weeks, I saw haloes around lights at night. But that was it. Ten years later, I'm thrilled with the results.

I will say that I wouldn't risk any surgery if you have other options. I couldn't see well in glasses and had developed a reaction to my contacts, so I didn't have much of a choice.

One lovely thing about living in Israel - the doctor's office sends out pre-op instructions, including directions for after the procedure. They remind you that you won't be able to get your face wet for a few days after the surgery, so please coordinate with your mikva schedule. Very Happy

Did you start at an ordinary opthalmologist? Hospital? How did you explore your options in Israel?

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 3:47 am
Rappel wrote:
Did you start at an ordinary opthalmologist? Hospital? How did you explore your options in Israel?

My dh and adult kids had it done at CARE Laser. There is a branch in pretty much every city, though for the actual eye surgery you will probably have to go to Tel Aviv or another major center.

There is an eye doctor there who checks to see if you are eligible.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 02 2021, 11:40 pm
Hi
I am looking for info on laser eye surgery in New York!

momofgirls2

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 12:55 am
Following

Ellie7

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 1:33 am
I did it. Not in NY. Asked my eye doctor for a recommendation of a place. It's one of the best things I've done. The procedure itself was like 15 minutes. I was down for one afternoon/night and then the next day was told not to work. And then, after that, could see normally.

(Also, one random perk is not being disoriented in the mikvah after you take off your glasses.)

clowny

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 2:30 am
I did lasik surgery with Dr. Perrone. The best thing I ever did. My husband did it too. Procedure took about 10-15 minutes and was totally painless. For the rest of the day I had a slightly blurred vision and was perfectly fine the next morning with perfect eyesight. My husband did have a longer recovery. He had a blurry vision and a little pain for about a week.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 4:08 pm
DH did it a few years ago in NYC and was happy

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 4:51 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
DH did it a few years ago in NYC and was happy

Can you share who you used?

ces

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 5:00 pm
clowny wrote:
I did lasik surgery with Dr. Perrone. The best thing I ever did. My husband did it too. Procedure took about 10-15 minutes and was totally painless. For the rest of the day I had a slightly blurred vision and was perfectly fine the next morning with perfect eyesight. My husband did have a longer recovery. He had a blurry vision and a little pain for about a week.

Same same for me

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 5:42 pm
clowny wrote:

I did it with him too. Wouldn't recommend, unless you're ready to look away at a lot in order to save $.
I did lots of research on a few docs, had consultations in few places, asked many people about their experiences with specific docs and in the end I decided to go with him. Mainly because of price. I had heard from some people that he tells almost everyone their candidates for the procedure, even when others say they aren't, which scared me a little. But since I had consultations by a few doctors, I knew I was definitely a candidate at low risk of adverse reactions, etc.
He (Perrone) was offering a really good price for an all laser lasik procedure (=bladeless for 2k), which is why I went to him.

Another doctor, Diamond vision in NYC was offering basically the same price (2020) for a Lasik procedure using a microkeratome to cut the flap, which I didn't want because those flaps are slightly thicker and thin your cornea more which can potentially cause more dryness, and also cause you to not be a candidate for another lasik procedure if you need a touch-up and it gets too thin as you age. Their bladeless procedure was a lot more (3,500+500 if want lifetime warrantee), but they were willing to work with me and provide a fair discount (2,700 +500 for warrantee), but was still a few hundred more than Perrone. I had a very good feeling about that place. They were honest, not pushy/aggressive, and really understanding about the finances.

A third doctor, Manhattan Lasik was really pretty expensive (just under 4k, inc 1 year follow ups), and they kept trying to push upgrades on me. They seemed to have very advanced technology. I did not end up going into their office for a consult because they were barely seeing any patients in person in early covid, and I also didn't like that they made all the upgrades feel mandatory, like I must do Smile lasik, the others are so behind the times, etc. Pretty salesperson-y, but nothing really wrong.

Dello Russo came highly recommended by a few people, but their aggressiveness pushed me away. They kept badmouthing other places, saying how they're the best. I had booked the consult through an ad I saw for 1k off, When they gave me the price, I told them about the promotion (different people do the scheduling and the consults), so they added 990 onto the price before taking off the 1k! Also, when I told them I have to think about it, they went down a bit (4k inc 1 yr follow ups) and they said they can do it right then and I go home all good, even though they knew I had just worn my contacts that morning(can't wear them for a few days prior) and I had come by myself with the subway. Basically, I don't trust them. Also, when I said It's really more than I saved up, maybe if stimulus ends up getting passed, she asked me very aggressively something like "so if we get the stimulus you'll for sure be back here, right? A lot of people in your community choose us because we're the best. When you get the money, you have to come back. Don't waste it on other things." Like, excuse me- why the bossiness? If you're as good as you believe, there shouldn't be a need to be to pushy.

Lasik vision Institute was the most expensive (over 4k), but they give lifetime assurances and touchups. They were very patient at explaining everything, their machines, my options, etc. They were way out of my budget, so I didn't go with them. If you have the funds, they may be a great option.

So basically after all my research I was deciding between Diamond and Perrone and ended up going with Perrone because wanted bladeless and didn't want to spend another 1K. Diamond sells a lifetime warranty for $500, without it it's a 1 yr guarantee. Perrone has 6 months free touchups, then he does touchups free but you still need to pay hospital fee (maybe $300, don't remember) if you need touchups...

I came to the hospital where he does the procedure. It was on a Friday morning. Basically, they didn't have me in the schedule, but I had my appointment card to prove that my appointment was then. The receptionist/nurse there said it happens relatively a lot with Dr. Perrone that his secretaries forget to send the info to the hospital where he performs the procedures, and then he gets double booked. The whole morning was booked up, and I had to wait over 2 hours for him to become available- basically when he finished everyone else for the day. We also had to wait for my chart, which took them a while to get. They didn't get it in advance since the appointment wasn't in their system. It was very frustrating. They finally did the procedure, and while he was doing it, I felt something was off so I asked "what's in my eye?!" He said he's cutting the flap with the blade. I was really mad, I seriously freaked out... But he'd started already and had to finish. He claimed that we never discussed bladeless and it's not in my chart... Like I really trusted his chart at that point... He also said bladeless would have been another $500. He made me pay in full, and I still needed him post of for follow ups so no infection, and I was dizzy and slightly disoriented, so didn't make a fight. But they are very disorganized at his office, and that led to negligence... BH my results are good, if he would've messed up my eyes, I would've probably sued. But still upset when I think about it.

In hindsight, I should've gone with diamond vision. They Were the most honest and mentchlich, I know 3 people that had great experiences with them, and weighing price for experience/professionalism, they're the best choice of the 5 IMO.

ETA My eyes are BH fine, my vision is good, and I'm happy I did Lasik. But I still wouldn't send anyone to the doc I used...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 6:16 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
I did it with him too. Wouldn't recommend, unless you're ready to look away at a lot in order to save $.
I did lots of research on a few docs, had consultations in few places, asked many people about their experiences with specific docs and in the end I decided to go with him. Mainly because of price. I had heard from some people that he tells almost everyone their candidates for the procedure, even when others say they aren't, which scared me a little. But since I had consultations by a few doctors, I knew I was definitely a candidate at low risk of adverse reactions, etc.
He (Perrone) was offering a really good price for an all laser lasik procedure (=bladeless for 2k), which is why I went to him.

Another doctor, Diamond vision in NYC was offering basically the same price (2020) for a Lasik procedure using a microkeratome to cut the flap, which I didn't want because those flaps are slightly thicker and thin your cornea more which can potentially cause more dryness, and also cause you to not be a candidate for another lasik procedure if you need a touch-up and it gets too thin as you age. Their bladeless procedure was a lot more (3,500+500 if want lifetime warrantee), but they were willing to work with me and provide a fair discount (2,700 +500 for warrantee), but was still a few hundred more than Perrone. I had a very good feeling about that place. They were honest, not pushy/aggressive, and really understanding about the finances.

A third doctor, Manhattan Lasik was really pretty expensive (just under 4k, inc 1 year follow ups), and they kept trying to push upgrades on me. They seemed to have very advanced technology. I did not end up going into their office for a consult because they were barely seeing any patients in person in early covid, and I also didn't like that they made all the upgrades feel mandatory, like I must do Smile lasik, the others are so behind the times, etc. Pretty salesperson-y, but nothing really wrong.

Dello Russo came highly recommended by a few people, but their aggressiveness pushed me away. They kept badmouthing other places, saying how they're the best. I had booked the consult through an ad I saw for 1k off, When they gave me the price, I told them about the promotion (different people do the scheduling and the consults), so they added 990 onto the price before taking off the 1k! Also, when I told them I have to think about it, they went down a bit (4k inc 1 yr follow ups) and they said they can do it right then and I go home all good, even though they knew I had just worn my contacts that morning(can't wear them for a few days prior) and I had come by myself with the subway. Basically, I don't trust them. Also, when I said It's really more than I saved up, maybe if stimulus ends up getting passed, she asked me very aggressively something like "so if we get the stimulus you'll for sure be back here, right? A lot of people in your community choose us because we're the best. When you get the money, you have to come back. Don't waste it on other things." Like, excuse me- why the bossiness? If you're as good as you believe, there shouldn't be a need to be to pushy.

Lasik vision Institute was the most expensive (over 4k), but they give lifetime assurances and touchups. They were very patient at explaining everything, their machines, my options, etc. They were way out of my budget, so I didn't go with them. If you have the funds, they may be a great option.

So basically after all my research I was deciding between Diamond and Perrone and ended up going with Perrone because wanted bladeless and didn't want to spend another 1K. Diamond sells a lifetime warranty for $500, without it it's a 1 yr guarantee. Perrone has 6 months free touchups, then he does touchups free but you still need to pay hospital fee (maybe $300, don't remember) if you need touchups...

I came to the hospital where he does the procedure. It was on a Friday morning. Basically, they didn't have me in the schedule, but I had my appointment card to prove that my appointment was then. The receptionist/nurse there said it happens relatively a lot with Dr. Perrone that his secretaries forget to send the info to the hospital where he performs the procedures, and then he gets double booked. The whole morning was booked up, and I had to wait over 2 hours for him to become available- basically when he finished everyone else for the day. We also had to wait for my chart, which took them a while to get. They didn't get it in advance since the appointment wasn't in their system. It was very frustrating. They finally did the procedure, and while he was doing it, I felt something was off so I asked "what's in my eye?!" He said he's cutting the flap with the blade. I was really mad, I seriously freaked out... But he'd started already and had to finish. He claimed that we never discussed bladeless and it's not in my chart... Like I really trusted his chart at that point... He also said bladeless would have been another $500. He made me pay in full, and I still needed him post of for follow ups so no infection, and I was dizzy and slightly disoriented, so didn't make a fight. But they are very disorganized at his office, and that led to negligence... BH my results are good, if he would've messed up my eyes, I would've probably sued. But still upset when I think about it.

In hindsight, I should've gone with diamond vision. They Were the most honest and mentchlich, I know 3 people that had great experiences with them, and weighing price for experience/professionalism, they're the best choice of the 5 IMO.

ETA My eyes are BH fine, my vision is good, and I'm happy I did Lasik. But I still wouldn't send anyone to the doc I used...

Thank you so much for this detailed information

momofgirls2

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 6:45 pm
Do you have contact info for diamond vision?

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 7:43 pm
momofgirls2 wrote:
Do you have contact info for diamond vision?

https://diamondvision.com/

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 7:53 pm
I used Dr. Niksarli of Manhattan Lasik Center. best money I ever spent.
I was uncomfortable only after the procedure for the rest of the day. the next day I was basically perfect.
I did have dry eyes for a while after but for me that was a small price to pay.

do your research. eyes are serious business but really worth it in the end.

amother
Mintgreen

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 2:27 am
I have extremely dry eyes. would I be a candidate?
also, dh did it with dr perrone and had a great experience. he says it took about 5 min. he had over a -10.00 on eye.

amother
Iris

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 6:39 am
Dr. Peronne. 5 minutes. Did it on friday. Rested with closed eyes for about half hour. Had tons of guests shabbos. Had perfect vision bh. Only regret: Should've done it years ago. My husband, siblings and in laws all went to him with excellent results.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Oct 15 2021, 7:27 am
I, personally, had LASIK done about 25 years ago in Canada. Was amazing. Had 20/20 vision for many many years. This type was not painful at any point, even during recovery. At about 45 I needed reading glasses like the rest of the world. That was humbling. Being honest, I just had cataract surgery done (in Israel). Apparently, the laser surgery is a contributing factor to future cataracts.

We have three sons that had PRK done in Israel. They are happy they did it but the first three days after PRK are a nightmare, so beware. Painful and they lived in a pitch black cave for those three days. (nothing like LASIK). Again, they are each happy they did it.

Lovemykids1

Post Tue, Apr 05 2022, 1:22 am
Does anyone have experience with Lasik Plus ? Located in brooklyn.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries