Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Travel to Israel - antibody test?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 7:28 am
Anyone travelled to Israel recently and know if there is an advantage to scheduling an antibody test at the airport, in addition to the required PCR test?
Thanks.

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 9:15 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Anyone travelled to Israel recently and know if there is an advantage to scheduling an antibody test at the airport, in addition to the required PCR test?
Thanks.

I don’t think that is an option anymore

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 10:53 am
It is an option, I did it - but did not see that it paid off.
Hotels restaurants etc want to see your tav yarok which is the proof that you got the vaccines or had covid in israel. The only alternative is a pcr test valid for 72hrs or a rapid test valid for 24hrs. The serological will not get you out of bidud or work as an alternative to the tav yarok.
Editing to add: having gotten vaccine or had covid in another country will not work as proof either. So you need to isolate the required week (though they don’t really check) and you need to test every 24/72 hrs if you want to get in somewhere where they check (this they do check from what I’ve seen but my guess is it depends on the establishment).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics