Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Do you give your children vitamins and if so when and which?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 1:33 pm
Title says it all.

6000miles

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 1:41 pm
I give my 3 yr old 2 multivitamins and 1 vit C every morning. It's more like candy so she should behave on her walk to gan.....

HeartyAppetite

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 1:44 pm
Multivitamin
Vitamin c
And the dr recommended I give my son zinc to prevent pneumonia - he used to get sick very often
But really you would have to ask your dr what to give, if you child is low on iron you might want to give them. Or if they don’t eat dairy a calcium supplement, if they get sick often an immune supplement, if they have allergies pantothenic acid etc... it’s very individual.
Many doctors also recommended giving vitamin d.

behappy2

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 1:45 pm
Vitamin c and multi and elderberry if they are coming down with something or to prevent get things that are going around

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 1:45 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Multivitamin
Vitamin c
And the dr recommended I give my son zinc to prevent pneumonia - he used to get sick very often
But really you would have to ask your dr what to give, if you child is low on iron you might want to give them. Or if they don’t eat dairy a calcium supplement, if they get sick often an immune supplement, if they have allergies pantothenic acid etc... it’s very individual.
Many doctors also recommended giving vitamin d.

My doctor recommends no vitamins.
I give all my children ages 3 and up a multi every other day, vitamin d daily, and omega every other day. I give them probiotic when they need it. I also feed them vegetables and fruits every day but this thread isn't discussing that.
Im just curious what others do.

happy chick

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 1:48 pm
my dr claims that the vitamins the kids like are so full of sugar, the junk outweighs the benefits of taking them.. unless, of course, if a child is deficient, there are supplements, but they generally dont like taking it.

amother
Grape

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 1:51 pm
My pediatrician prescribes vitamins and insurance pays for them, so we just get that. I think it's because we don't have fluoridated water and they recommend that. My kids are under 4.

Teomima

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 2:29 pm
Nope, not beyond the iron and vitamin d they received as babies. Our pediatrician advocates for a balanced diet rather than nutritional supplements.

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 2:32 pm
Vitamin D, Zinc, omega 3 and immune booster. I should also add vitamin C and multivitamin.

Sure they should rather have a balanced healthy diet. But the fact is that they don’t get enough of these vitamins from their food alone.

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 2:35 pm
Yes, my kids have taken at various stages and in various combinations:
Magnesium malate
Magnesium taurate
Magnesium threonate
Methyl b complex
Methyl b12
R5p
Benfotiamine
Sulbutiamine
DIM
NAC
Glutathione
Melatonin
Whole food c
Acetyl l carnitine
ALA
5htp
L theanine
Gaba
Glutamine
Blis k12
Probiotics
Olive leaf extract
Oil of oregano
Astragalus
Biocidin
Quercetin
Coq10
Rutin
Luteolin
Iodine
Cbd
Inositol
Digestive enzymes
Monolaurin
And I’m sure there are more I’m forgetting now. Thanks for the reminder to reorder magnesium, b complex, dim and GABA

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 2:53 pm
amother [ Grape ] wrote:
My pediatrician prescribes vitamins and insurance pays for them, so we just get that. I think it's because we don't have fluoridated water and they recommend that. My kids are under 4.
Fluoride is not an essential nutrient and also an endocrine disruptor. Any alleged benefits for teeth come from topical fluoride, not ingested. Please look into this some more, it can be really harmful especially in such young kids.

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 2:55 pm
happy chick wrote:
my dr claims that the vitamins the kids like are so full of sugar, the junk outweighs the benefits of taking them.. unless, of course, if a child is deficient, there are supplements, but they generally dont like taking it.
My kids as young as 4 swallow pills. No sugar in them. Can’t say they’re happy about it, but they Do take it. Does it bother your dr that antibiotics and other children’s medicines are full of junk and sugar and food dye? That always bothers me.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 2:59 pm
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:
Yes, my kids have taken at various stages and in various combinations:
Magnesium malate
Magnesium taurate
Magnesium threonate
Methyl b complex
Methyl b12
R5p
Benfotiamine
Sulbutiamine
DIM
NAC
Glutathione
Melatonin
Whole food c
Acetyl l carnitine
ALA
5htp
L theanine
Gaba
Glutamine
Blis k12
Probiotics
Olive leaf extract
Oil of oregano
Astragalus
Biocidin
Quercetin
Coq10
Rutin
Luteolin
Iodine
Cbd
Inositol
Digestive enzymes
Monolaurin
And I’m sure there are more I’m forgetting now. Thanks for the reminder to reorder magnesium, b complex, dim and GABA

Your local health food store is lucky!

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 3:01 pm
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
Your local health food store is lucky!
Nah, I order everything. Iherb is the best!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics