Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Turban headcovering

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 3:42 pm
Does anyone know which stores sell turbans? (Brooklyn or a store that has a website and ships.) I know they're not on trend per se, but I've been wanting to try a new look because I think they're pretty. There must be store who carry them, because chasidish women are still wearing them.

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 4:00 pm
The stores in chassidish communities sell them. But they don't cover that hair nicely, the hair on the bottom of the head sticks out. And if you don't shave, it doesn't sit nice on head.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 4:02 pm
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
The stores in chassidish communities sell them. But they don't cover that hair nicely, the hair on the bottom of the head sticks out. And if you don't shave, it doesn't sit nice on head.

Thanks! I'm willing to give it a try and see how it sits on me. Do you know which stores specifically in Boro Park?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 4:12 pm
Match a head

New Utrecht and 53

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 4:13 pm
amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:
Match a head

New Utrecht and 53

Thank you!

Estie99

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 11:14 am
Access Antwep sell them and ship, they have very elegant ones white and sparkling it's true hair in neck want to sick out but if you pin them good its not so big problem

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 11:18 am
I thought turbans are solely for chasidish shaving women.
How is it possible to keep it in place with hair?

Estie99

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 11:25 am
Yes it is but I have very long hair but not volume one so you can always put cup for under wig but I use turban mostly in home or around neighborhood and ok on neck you see they growing from your neck but it's minimal minimal ale they don't stick out and my stay on place without problem but I don't have about turbans from USA I have from Antwerp and in front of you learn how to put it really no one see your hair at least from my experience of course it's not so easy as snood but few times and you will control it

Estie99

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 11:26 am
I think with short hair it may be more problematic

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 11:28 am
I wear a turban I bought in Antwerp at the Better Nightwear when I'm out of the shower. It falls off quickly I get most women who use it are the ones who also shave because it makes sense that it doesn't slide off. I like the look on some women when they are wearing a turban but I've heard the young chassidish women are wearing tichels now.

Pooh

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 12:19 pm
If u have long hair you can wear a bobo (volumizer) and tie the ticket in a turban type of way

amother
Raspberry

Post Thu, Nov 03 2022, 12:23 pm
My mil wears it sometimes and doesn’t shave it looks ridiculous on her Confused
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels