Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bar mitzvah seuda/party recommendations

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 11:00 pm
I know I'm a little late to the planning... My son's bar mitzvah is iyh shortly before pesach! First timer here in the bar mitzvah world and from out of town, so need some recommendations please...
Looking for all budget friendly options
We are not fancy people at ALL
My son is on the shy side, so doesn't want a whole big to do, it'll mainly be family iyh.
-A hall, to fit about 150-200 people. Nice enough is good.
- musician, but I don't mind basic. Just so we have the ambiance. We are not big partiers.
- caterer- good food, no need for fancy. Dessert. Prefer option for cheaper plates for kids. There will a lot of kids bh!
-would love an all inclusive option so I don't have to call for each detail.
- but would like to have some input.

That's all I can think of right now.
Thanks for the help!

galbis

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 11:12 pm
I'd suggest calling Bais Bracha and Bnos Devorah. Estreia is also nice; I think they raised their prices recently, but it's worth a phone call to see. Also, look in the weekly magazines for other options- BP weekly, the voice, the shopper, the Lakewood weekly, masa u'matan. You could see the BP and The Voice online, it could be the others as well.
If you're ok with a teenager who plays keyboard, I have some names I can send you. They do a beautiful job. You can pm.

sky

Post Sun, Oct 03 2021, 11:48 pm
Agree with above.
Simcha caterers in bnos bracha is cheapest pkg. he also does Williams st shul.
Yoni cuisine has great pkg in bnos Devorah or khal bnei Torah.
Both schools are really nice halls.
They will handle pretty much everything.

Do you want real dishes? Ask about pricing for that (I think the school halls include for free)

When getting prices find out if waiters and/or hall is included. And centerpieces. Some include. Some don’t. Waiters can almost double the cost by some caterers that don’t include it.

Bassman has really young kids that come down and play. They look like babies. But do a fantastic job. They come with all sound equipment. If you can get teens on your own they will be cheaper.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 8:51 am
Thank you! I'll iyh follow up with these suggestions.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:59 am
sky wrote:
Bassman has really young kids that come down and play. They look like babies. But do a fantastic job. They come with all sound equipment. If you can get teens on your own they will be cheaper.

Do you have Bassman's number? And do the kids sing or just the music?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 10:01 am
galbis wrote:
If you're ok with a teenager who plays keyboard, I have some names I can send you. They do a beautiful job. You can pm.

Do they also sing?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries