Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
1 bedroom aprtment- where does 2 yr old sleep?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 1:43 am
Do you have a 1 bedroom apartment and 1 child? Where does your child sleep?
My toddler is currently in a portable crib and we move him around, but now we have to get him a bigger sleeping situation, and I cant decide what and where to put it.

imaima

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 2:08 am
From the friends who have been in this type of an apartment, they forego having a living room and put the child in another bedroom.

I would say do what works for you. If you all get proper sleep together, keep him in your bedroom. If not, put him to bed in the living room.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 4:42 am
Walk in closet or even hallway

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 4:47 am
I have a friend who has 3 kids in a 1-bedroom apartment. 5 year old and 3 year old sleep in the living room. They have learnt to sleep with moderate disturbances.
1 yr old still with parents in their bedroom.

They do own a larger apartment but are renting it out for now, and staying in the smaller place, to save money for as long as they can.

amother
Electricblue

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 4:54 am
This is what we did. we were in a two bedroom with two kids who could not sleep together and neither could sleep with us. we put one kid in each bedroom and when we were ready to sleep we moved our mattresses into the kitchen and slept there. nuts I know, but it was only for a few months and we managed!!

SuperWify

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:32 am
Here are the options. You decide-
In your room
In your walk in closet
In your kitchen
In a corner of the main room
In the bathroom

imasinger

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 6:07 am
Pull out couch or daybed in the living room area for the adults would be my suggestion.

ddmom

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:00 am
Pull sefarim shrank in dining room and make a "bedroom" for baby behind it! Baby didn't see you every time they open their eyes , you can also use sound machine or music before you're ready for bed!

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:02 am
Living room

Teomima

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:19 am
ddmom wrote:
Pull sefarim shrank in dining room and make a "bedroom" for baby behind it! Baby didn't see you every time they open their eyes , you can also use sound machine or music before you're ready for bed!

Not if you mean leaving it free standing! That's terribly dangerous.

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:41 am
I know someone who had 4 children in a 1 bedroom! The kids slept in the dining room and she made the entrance hall the dining room instead.
Depending on the layout of your apartment decide what your options are. If your living room has a door, use that room. Do you have a corner in the kitchen that can be curtained off? A hallway? Placing a crib in another spot in the apartment other than the bedroom is very doable.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:56 am
Teomima wrote:
Not if you mean leaving it free standing! That's terribly dangerous.

We do 2 pieces of furniture back to back and attach them to each other.

amother
Petunia

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:58 am
I know a lot of people who use bookcases. You bolt them to each other and to the wall.

Also, if you have a small alcove or a small dining area, you can curtain it off or in some cases actually build a wall. Check with the owner- many are happy to have an "office" they can advertise. In the YU apartments when I was there, this was called a junior 4, and was very common.

Raisin

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:59 am
You can also buy inexpensive screens.

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 9:34 am
I had a toddler bed with an extra mattress in the corner of the living room. At bedtime we took down the second mattress for kid #2 and ceased any activity in the living room, which was something of a pain but at least I have enough space in my kitchen to do stuff there. The living room was too small for adults to sleep there or to make any kind of partition or alcove.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 9:37 am
I lived in 1 bedroom with 2 kids. We had a crib and toddler bed in our room and put up a temporary wall/room divider kind of thing. I didn't want to give up my dining room, it was my house.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 10:25 am
My bedroom is large so we put up a wall with a door. The bedrooms are now railroad style which has its downsides, but overall it works. My room is really tight now. I wonder if it can fit a portable crib for the next one. Any neighbors with similar layout you can visit? That's what we did.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 10:27 am
We used the living room
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics