Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
2.5 year old stopped sleeping through the night

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 12:15 pm
Sometime in the beginning of the summer my DS 2.5 stopped sleeping through the night. It started with a thunder storm that woke him up and he got scared, then he got sick and ended up in our bed a lot and then more thunder and he just had this fear and would wake up in the middle of the night (or sometimes even before middle of the nigjt)
Sometimes he can be put right back to sleep other times he's up for 3 hours. To add to that we had a baby at the end of the summer and all the craziness of us going to the hospital (which happened twice, I was hospitalized at 34 weeks for a few days and then had the baby at 37 weeks) and then after all that add yuntif to the mix and so we are talking about months of bad sleep habit.

Now that everything should settle down any tips for how we can retrain him to sleep in his room all night?
Bedtime is a very set routine and he goes to sleep initially, that's not the issue. The issue is waking up in the middle of the night and not either being up for 3 hours or sleeping in our room.
He has one of those traffic light clocks in his room but it doesn't really stop him. He only gives it any consideration when it's to his convenience lol.
He sleeps in a bed.

Any ideas will be so appreciated because we are so so desperate at this point

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 12:18 pm
Put him back in his crib.
Lock your door.
Let him cry.
He will survive and be healthier because he's getting sleep.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 9:59 pm
Bump, any other ideas?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics