Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Can you recommend good obgyn for high risk/vbac?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 6:15 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
Sorry I don't have experience with them, I'm researching nj bec I need a nj group that takes medicaid but I think I am up the creek without a paddle. Crying

Columbia accepts NY Medicaid. Wonder how these 2 compare. I’ll do a spin-off. Good luck to you. And me!

amother
Peru

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 7:21 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
Columbia accepts NY Medicaid. Wonder how these 2 compare. I’ll do a spin-off. Good luck to you. And me!

Hatzlocha! Hope all works out well!

amother
Currant

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 8:16 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
Sorry I don't have experience with them, I'm researching nj bec I need a nj group that takes medicaid but I think I am up the creek without a paddle. Crying

Can you call rabbi Berman - Refuah resources?
There’s also a high risk obgyn at chemed that’s supposed to be very good

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:00 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:

Hi. I’m wondering who you ended up choosing and if you’re happy? I’m in the same boat now…

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:04 pm
mom16A wrote:
I was looking for one for months, spoke to numerous organizations, and the 2 names I kept hearing were Abdehlik and Jonathon Baum.
Abdehlik is out for me as it would cost close to 10k so I've settled and met Dr. Baum and so far I'm happy, he was super nice, had patience for all my questions and super informative.

Dr. Baum is amazing. You don't mention if you're pregnancy is hi risk or your birth. But please be aware that some of the other doctors in the practice might be quick to do c-section even tho Baum himself is usually more chilled and patient.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Dec 09 2021, 9:27 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Hi. I’m wondering who you ended up choosing and if you’re happy? I’m in the same boat now…

I'm currently with ocean. I figured until I figure things out.... I met with 2 doctors and was super surprised how on top and knowledgeable they were. They already caught one issue in my blood work and called me right away (dr was in hospital but still called me and returned my call asap after I missed his call and called back). Met with another one today and gave me over an hour and took thorough notes and really calmed me down. Even sent me for a test for an issue that no one previously mentioned test/medication possibility for. I only went for 2 visits so can't say much more. They sent me to mfm for fetal monitoring and sonogram so I have that on my team as well. I daven that all goes well... it was the best of all my options. They have low c section rate, great supporters of vbac(which I need), turn posterior (also often need)and breech babies (even with low fluid) (I guess bec they have midwives they are pro natural) which is super important to me. They were comfortable with dealing with my issues and calmed me down and created a schedule for monitoring issues and even created a plan for if things go diff or not....I hope this answers some of your questions. Much hatzlocha!

mom16A

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ Sand ] wrote:
Dr. Baum is amazing. You don't mention if you're pregnancy is hi risk or your birth. But please be aware that some of the other doctors in the practice might be quick to do c-section even tho Baum himself is usually more chilled and patient.

Bh not high risk, just had a emergency c section previously and was looking for the right vbac dr.
after speaking to many organizations like a time, refuah health and Echo I was advised to see him or a Dr Colbert by ocean. I met with both of them and felt that by ocean I was being pushed to prepare for a repeat c section, his words, "95% of c sections have a repeat one after." as well as they wont allow more the 4 s sections period.
after hearing that I called back all those organizations and was recommended Dr. Baum. once I met him and Dr. Rattagen I was immediately relaxed, they were so positive, helpful with advice and caring. I still feel like they actually do care if I have a vbac or a c this time.. hopefully all goes well.

I know everyone always hears stories... BH the amount of births we have in our community is enormous, there will always be stores. every office and every dr has them, my experience by a different local highly recommended office was horrific and I don't wish that on anyone.
I've personally heard stores from many offices being recommended here and as well.
Each person must do their own research, talk to medical personal or organizations that know the field and can advise you on your own history.
nobody should be taking medical advise or bashing a whole office on such a public forum.
one person's horrific doctor might have been someone else lifesaver.
my thoughts..
main thing is we should all be happy and healthy!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries