Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Beth Jacob Day School D'Rav Meir
Previous  1  2

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:22 am
naomi2 wrote:
It's a very mainstream yeshivsh bais Yaakov. I don't know who they would take or if the kid would fit in. But seeing that the streimel- wearing parents want to apply they may fit in. Go see the school at dismissal time and see who the parents are. Look at the middle school students and you will get a sense of the hashkafa

They are not very happy to accept chassidish or streimel. The staff and other parents not very accepting

amother
Peony

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:27 am
amother [ Narcissus ] wrote:
They are not very happy to accept chassidish or streimel. The staff and other parents not very accepting

How would this present? As a parent there who leans more to the right of my daughters' classmates, the kinds of things I monitor is which friends seem to have lots of exposure to what I consider outside influences (lots of familiarity with internet, names of Disney characters, etc) and also how the girls dress (my daughters wear knee socks and 3/4 sleeves from age 6, and go to BYA day camp with a lot of their drav Meir classmates, but my daughters are the minority). If anything, a lot of us parents would be very comfortable with those friendships. It's not like it's a whole community and social group--the parent body is spread all over Flatbush/midwood/and even close to mill basin.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children