Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If you (or someone you know) had covid twice:
1  2  Next

If you had covid twice, were you vaccinated in between your covid cases?
Yes I was vaccinated in between my covid cases  
 30%  [ 12 ]
No I had covid a second time and did not vaccinated in between  
 69%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 39

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:44 am
If you had covid twice...Were you vaccinated in between your covid cases? (If answering for someone you know, please answer only if you are 100% sure abt their vaccination status)

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:47 am
My supervisor at work said , his son (a teen) and his son in law both got Covid for the second time. Both are not vaccinated and I know that for sure.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:49 am
How was their COVID the second time thunder? Was it a milder case?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:51 am
Chayalle wrote:
How was their COVID the second time thunder? Was it a milder case?

I know the son was just like a cold and a week later he lost his sense of smell and taste.
Don’t know about the other one. I didn’t ask.

happy chick

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:52 am
I had guest in my home (from Israel) who had covid after pesach, got vaccinated (he was saying how dumb it was that he had to get vaccinated cuz he still has antibodies) and now that he flew back home had to get tested and it was positive. He was sleeping at my table saying he was jetlagged, but maybe he was really just sick.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:39 am
My close friend just got Covid for the second time. She had a very bad case in April 2021, and was really sick for two weeks. She decided not to vaccinate because she had just been so sick, so she figured she was covered. She didn't bother testing for antibodies.
She just came down with Covid again on Succos. BH she was able to get the monoclonal treatment right away, so her symptoms are really just a cold and some fever.

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:55 am
I know someone who had Corona, with positive PCR tests, four times. All at intervals of more than three months. Twice before the chisun, and twice after. About the same each time.

amother
Starflower

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:05 pm
Very interesting, and not what I expected. Would love to see more data on this. Can we get more participants in this poll?

mfb

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:08 pm
happy chick wrote:
I had guest in my home (from Israel) who had covid after pesach, got vaccinated (he was saying how dumb it was that he had to get vaccinated cuz he still has antibodies) and now that he flew back home had to get tested and it was positive. He was sleeping at my table saying he was jetlagged, but maybe he was really just sick.

And a close relative of mine tested before flying after having had COVID and one vaccine and it came out positive she retested right away since needed for flying and was feeling fine and it was negative so these tests even the pcr’s are not perfect.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:18 pm
My daughter has Covid now and is at home isolating and Yes she had both vaccines.

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:19 pm
I forgot to write that this is the 2nd time she had Covid. The first time was about a year ago.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:23 pm
I had covid twice. Not vaccinated.

First time I was sick with chills, no smell, weak and all. March 2020 No test.
This time - now over YT. Tested positive, just a cold nothing more. But I think I got lucky. My sib just got Covid again and was really sick. S/he took the monoclonal antibodies and is feeling better BH..

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:32 pm
My friend had COVID as a minor cold, then got vaccinated, and then had COVID again, this time more like a full blown flu.
She had positive PCRs both times.

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:58 pm
My husband had last March a mild covid case, aches and lost sense of taste and smell.

Got it now again. A bad cold with a mild cough and feeling very weak.

My teenage son got it now as well as a mild cold lasting 2 days.

Positive PCR test

amother
Mulberry

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:59 pm
And my Dad got a terrible covid case after vaccination. Was hospitalized.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:27 pm
I don't personally know anyone who has had Covid twice.

And among the stories I've heard second hand of people who say they have, I'm not convinced. If someone would have loss of smell or taste both times - which seem to be pretty unique to this virus - and second illness not close to vaccination, then I would believe it. Anyone here fit the bill?

I'm guessing that while it's certainly possible to get it twice (hey, there are people who get chicken pox twice but it's super rare) it's not nearly as likely as people make it out to be, likely in an effort to make those with natural immunity get vaxed anyhow.

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:20 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
I don't personally know anyone who has had Covid twice.

And among the stories I've heard second hand of people who say they have, I'm not convinced. If someone would have loss of smell or taste both times - which seem to be pretty unique to this virus - and second illness not close to vaccination, then I would believe it. Anyone here fit the bill?

I'm guessing that while it's certainly possible to get it twice (hey, there are people who get chicken pox twice but it's super rare) it's not nearly as likely as people make it out to be, likely in an effort to make those with natural immunity get vaxed anyhow.

My husband had it twice. Not vaccinated. Last yr around yom kippur he had it. Lost sense of taste and smell. Felt weak and body aches and fever. Did antibody testing twice. Never developed any antibodies. Now he has it again with a positive test. It is possible to get it twice.

amother
Oldlace

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 2:25 pm
I know of some people who had covid a second time now. None were vaccinated. Most had a milder case. I heard that ODA in Williamsburg is super low on monoclonal because as per a hatzala member "COVID is all over there now." BH most elderly were vaccinated and most already had covid so the cases are milder, but there is a lot of covid in Williamsburg, Monsey and Monroe. It's not like in March and April of 2020 BH, but there is activity. I don't know about BP. Most studies show there is around a 20-25% chance of breakthrough reinfection after a certain period of time, which means 1 in 4 or 5 are suseptible to reinfection although they should be protected from severe disease. This is why elderly and immune compromised need the boosters.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:09 pm
I had Covid in February '20. Was ill at home with fever, chills, body aches, extreme weakness, shortness of breath (Im in low 30s) for almost 3 weeks.
Then I got vaccinated around July '21 and while waiting for second vaccine app, I caught covid again (from a double vaccinated relative) in September- it seemed like a bad cold until I realised I could not smell a thing. (and got a positive test) It lingered though and now, 5 weeks later I'm well but still not back to myself. scratchy throat, low appetite, very unsettled stomache etc, sleep disturbances, feel weak... I'm diagnosing it as 'long covid' which I didnt have last time.

All I can say at the moment is that I'm not a fan of the vaccine nor of the monster itself Confused

Last edited by amother on Sun, Oct 24 2021, 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
SandyBrown

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:17 pm
I'm interested in hearing of people that had it twice and tested positive both times with symptoms . Not assuming that they had it a year ago and now again.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics