Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Camp Bnoseinu (bnos)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:19 am
Anyone sent recently? What’s the crowd like? Do all girls go with friends? My daughter’s friends are not going to camp yet but she’s set on going now. She usually had no problem making friends, she’s really outgoing and she’s not worried. I just want to make sure it’s not super cliquey and that she won’t have a hard time finding her place.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 1:08 pm
Anyone?

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 1:11 pm
Hi,
My daughter is also set on going and probably not going with friends. She also says she makes friends easily so you won’t be the only one in that boat Smile

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 1:17 pm
From what I hear it’s nice girls - the girls that go so young are girls whose parents can afford it so they may be a little jappy. I hear they run a fantastic and adorable program for them.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 1:21 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
From what I hear it’s nice girls - the girls that go so young are girls whose parents can afford it so they may be a little jappy. I hear they run a fantastic and adorable program for them.

We can afford it but we are simple people I hope she won’t feel out of place.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 1:22 pm
From what I've heard (know people who went as staff) it's very nice and warm, and they take good care of the girls.

I think they are young enough that they don't need to go in groups.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 1:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We can afford it but we are simple people I hope she won’t feel out of place.

I don’t think she’ll feel out of place - I hear they’re nice girls

amother
Moonstone

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 1:59 pm
Same situation here...I keep hearing pple say its geared for their age... what does that mean? How would it be compared to Chaviva?

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 2:32 pm
My daughter is not jappy…kidichic t shirts and basic flary skirts over here. she looks put together with no brand names. it’s geared toward younger kids because they only have younger ages coming out or 4th and 5th…so most of the campers are first time campers.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 3:19 pm
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
My daughter is not jappy…kidichic t shirts and basic flary skirts over here. she looks put together with no brand names. it’s geared toward younger kids because they only have younger ages coming out or 4th and 5th…so most of the campers are first time campers.

That’s how my daughter dresses. Glad to hear.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 4:13 pm
Dd went a few years ago, it was definitely a more wealthy with it crowd.

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 4:24 pm
My daughter is begging me to go, but it's not in our budget at this point. The few classmates that plan on going are very well to do, yet down to earth and not snobby

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Nov 11 2021, 12:00 pm
I'm thinking about it as well my daughter will be going into 5th grade ih are the bunks combined fifth and sixth or separate

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 7:13 pm
Anyone know if the bunks are combined for going into fifth and sixth or are they separate?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 7:15 pm
Why would you think they are combined did you hear something? They have always had multiple bunks of each age. Never heard of any being combined.

cookiewriter

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 8:50 pm
My older daughter went and now my 5th grader is going too this summer. Bnoseinu is ONLY for going into fifth and going into 6th. The two ages are not combined. It’s almost entirely flatbush. Much more with it than the main camp bnos. It’s fun but definitely a beginners camp not like chaviva.

cookiewriter

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 8:50 pm
Also I don’t know if you have connections but they’re basically full. Maybe second half u can still get slot. Not sure. First half definitely not.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Feb 10 2022, 9:04 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
My older daughter went and now my 5th grader is going too this summer. Bnoseinu is ONLY for going into fifth and going into 6th. The two ages are not combined. It’s almost entirely flatbush. Much more with it than the main camp bnos. It’s fun but definitely a beginners camp not like chaviva.

How recent was it a flatbush crowd? Because they no longer have huge schools and are far from the biggest community nowadays. Also girls go to other camps and don't move on to bnos? How is the crowd different?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children