Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
How much do you pay your cleaning lady?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 3:36 pm
I was paying $15 an hour before she left.
I thought that was a lot but I only used her once a week.
I haven’t had help in a few months and I’m getting desperate. I found someone who is asking for $18 an hour!! That is just too much.
I would like help at least once a week… I was thinking of trying an agency but I heard they are very expensive.
What should I do??

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 3:38 pm
Mine went up to $18. I kept her and cut her hours a bit.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 3:50 pm
My cleaning lady just dropped me. I was paying $15 an hour. I'm guessing $18 an hour is the new norm and she probably found someone who is paying more. She had been coming later and later lately, and I'm guessing she tried someone else out first, and then dropped me.

(it's a relief really. I wasn't happy with her. Now I can look for someone with an easier personality....)

amother
Brickred

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 3:56 pm
Lots of desperate women were paying $18 on September but not anymore.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 3:57 pm
20 seems the going rate... keeps on going up I'm starting to cut back to 2x month

Chayalle

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:00 pm
I don't think many cleaning ladies will come to you for less time than weekly.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:01 pm
$15

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:01 pm
Chayalle wrote:
My cleaning lady just dropped me. I was paying $15 an hour. I'm guessing $18 an hour is the new norm and she probably found someone who is paying more. She had been coming later and later lately, and I'm guessing she tried someone else out first, and then dropped me.

(it's a relief really. I wasn't happy with her. Now I can look for someone with an easier personality....)

Yes, that’s what happened to me too. Mine was obviously trying out another job. I was also a little relieved when she left. I didn’t have cleaning help during the Yom Tov season and it was hard. Things are just accumulating. I can’t believe I will have to pay $18. That’s a very big jump.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:03 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
20 seems the going rate... keeps on going up I'm starting to cut back to 2x month

How do you find someone 2x a month?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes, that’s what happened to me too. Mine was obviously trying out another job. I was also a little relieved when she left. I didn’t have cleaning help during the Yom Tov season and it was hard. Things are just accumulating. I can’t believe I will have to pay $18. That’s a very big jump.

I wrote this vent a few weeks ago:

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....41679

Maybe I'll find someone for $18 who gives me more per hour. I feel like she wasn't really giving me my money's worth lately. And she came for a min # of hours. Maybe the next lady won't have that minimum and it will come out less or even, who knows.

Everything that Hashem does is for the good. Obviously I had enough, here, and B"EH I'll find someone better.

In the meantime I'm considering buying a roomba or equivalent (might wait till November for specials). That might make life easier.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:15 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I wrote this vent a few weeks ago:

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....41679

Maybe I'll find someone for $18 who gives me more per hour. I feel like she wasn't really giving me my money's worth lately. And she came for a min # of hours. Maybe the next lady won't have that minimum and it will come out less or even, who knows.

Everything that Hashem does is for the good. Obviously I had enough, here, and B"EH I'll find someone better.

In the meantime I'm considering buying a roomba or equivalent (might wait till November for specials). That might make life easier.

I’m laughing because that’s what I did! I bought a robot vacuum to make things easier. I ended up returning it as it wasn’t a roomba and I found it to be even more annoying than my cleaning lady was… it was fun in the beginning though but my robot was pretty dumb.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m laughing because that’s what I did! I bought a robot vacuum to make things easier. I ended up returning it as it wasn’t a roomba and I found it to be even more annoying than my cleaning lady was… it was fun in the beginning though but my robot was pretty dumb.

Well.....I was thinking it would go under the beds, which is more than she did.....But based on reviews, I think I will go for a roomba.

Laugh if you like!

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was paying $15 an hour before she left.
I thought that was a lot but I only used her once a week.
I haven’t had help in a few months and I’m getting desperate. I found someone who is asking for $18 an hour!! That is just too much.
I would like help at least once a week… I was thinking of trying an agency but I heard they are very expensive.
What should I do??

Same here. And it's taking her longer to clean too. And extra 2 hours.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:26 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Well.....I was thinking it would go under the beds, which is more than she did.....But based on reviews, I think I will go for a roomba.

Laugh if you like!

I love the Roomba vacuum. But beware that it's only great if you're running it while out of the house. It becomes annoying when running underfoot because it takes a long time and doesn't look like it's running in order. But once it's done, the floors are amazing.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:46 pm
I've been paying 15 for years- I still think that's the standard rate in most places
18 is a lot!

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:52 pm
I was paying $14 and just upped to $15.
I can’t imagine going to $18

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:46 pm
Currently at $15. I've gone as high as $20 though. If I have someone really good and trustworthy I'll pretty much give them whatever they want. I detest cleaning and am so grateful for good help.

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:50 pm
For those without cleaning lady, just bought shark vacmop from Walmart. It's amazing!! Like a Swiffer with a broom! Saved so much time. And 70$!!
https://www.googleadservices.c.....durl=

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 6:11 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
For those without cleaning lady, just bought shark vacmop from Walmart. It's amazing!! Like a Swiffer with a broom! Saved so much time. And 70$!!
https://www.googleadservices.c.....durl=

But the disposable aspect of it comes out to almost $1 a piece. I’d need to use at least one everyday.

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:15 pm
I found that since covid stimulus checks came around, cleaning ladies are not finding it worth their while to work for 15. Nowadays they are asking between 18-20.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries