Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Switching from bassinet to seat - what age?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 3:47 pm
At what age do you switch your baby to the seat?

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:19 pm
Usually somewhere between 3 months and 6 months, but my stroller can lie flat. The 'bucket' style seat I would do at the 6 month mark because it's not supposed to be suitable before then.

shmosmom

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:28 pm
Around age 4-6 months, but there's no one size fits all. See when your baby seems to be filling up the whole bassinet and wants more room, or if they just seem to want to sit up and look around.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:28 pm
For 1 of my babies I switched closer to 9 months because I wanted to keep him in the bassinet for the coldest winter months

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:32 pm
3 months latest. They need to see what's going on, not lie flat on their backs in a bassinet.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:57 pm
So my baby is 3 months, quite big, and super alert and curious, so I wanted to change her into the seat, but the manual says 6 months (maybe because it's a bucket seat? It also says not to use the bassinet for a baby who's rolling over, which mine is, so I'm not sure what they expect you to put the baby in for 3 months lol)

What would you more experienced imas do? What exactly is bad for the baby in a bucket seat?

amother
Marigold

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 6:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So my baby is 3 months, quite big, and super alert and curious, so I wanted to change her into the seat, but the manual says 6 months (maybe because it's a bucket seat? It also says not to use the bassinet for a baby who's rolling over, which mine is, so I'm not sure what they expect you to put the baby in for 3 months lol)

What would you more experienced imas do? What exactly is bad for the baby in a bucket seat?

What stroller is it? Switch him now, 3 months isn't too young for a bucket seat

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 6:12 pm
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:
What stroller is it? Switch him now, 3 months isn't too young for a bucket seat

It's the joolz day+
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics