Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Bosch leaking

Crv

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:21 am
Hi! Any suggestions? It's leaking out all or most of the water etc. I always put some flour first to avoid but this is LOT of leaking... Thanks so much!!

honey36

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:23 am
The gasket is probably missing or broken. Not sure where you can get it fixed or replaced though?

Crv

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:26 am
Thanks! Do you know what it looks like? There was a thin white rubber type round piece that came off during scrubbing it clean. Can that be the gasket? Btw, do you put your Bosch bowl and attachments in the dishwasher? Thanks so much

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:28 am
Ooohhhh yes!! That very well is probably the issue

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:52 am
Yes that's the issue but I got replacement gaskets and can't get them on properly so I gave up on the silver bowl and just use the white one ☹️

Crv

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 9:54 am
Thanks! What's the difference in white bowl for Challah baking?

pizzapie

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:00 am
I had this! I ended up buying a replacement bowl.

pizzapie

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:01 am
Crv wrote:
Thanks! What's the difference in white bowl for Challah baking?

The metal bowl is for challah, the white one is for everything else. I doubt you can use the white bowl for challah.

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:14 pm
If you’re in Boro park, Hoffys or the buzz may be able to replace it for you

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 3:36 pm
pizzapie wrote:
The metal bowl is for challah, the white one is for everything else. I doubt you can use the white bowl for challah.

I have been for half a dozen years...6 lbs of flour. Bli ayin hora...

Crv

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 3:39 pm
Thanks Hashem yaazor! Is there a different beater attachment for white bowl ? I never used it altogether. I appreciate the advice

esuss

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 3:49 pm
Call Bosch or check their website for a service location. This happened to me. They directed me to the closest one and I brought it down there. They fixed it for about $20.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:26 pm
Crv wrote:
Thanks Hashem yaazor! Is there a different beater attachment for white bowl ? I never used it altogether. I appreciate the advice

My white bowl has a dough hook and regular beaters. You must must must use a dough hook to make challah.

Crv

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:29 pm
Is it the same dough hook as for the metal bowl? If not what look like? Also if anyone has number for Bosch ,thanks so much

crbc

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 4:32 pm
If you are in Lakewood, my friend's husband fixes them. PM for his number.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:32 pm
Crv wrote:
Is it the same dough hook as for the metal bowl? If not what look like? Also if anyone has number for Bosch ,thanks so much

No, because the metal bowl has the attachments coming from the bottom (which is where it's leaking) and the white goes on top. The dough hook of the white bowl looks similar to that of the silver in terms of the hook part itself shape wise but it's not interchangeable due to the attachment method.

busymommy613

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 11:02 am
I know this is an old post but....I was told by the Bosch repairman that using the white bowl for challah kills the transmission....

lora

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 11:15 am
if you bought it in any retail location they should be able to help. I went to get the rubber replaced and they did for no cost and also put in on, which is easy to do wrong.
it happened for a second time now. I sort of resorted to put an extra 1/4 cup water because thats what usually leaks out. and sure enough the time I did that nothing leaked at all and the dough was stickier then usual lol. but still fine.

sky

Post Mon, Feb 28 2022, 11:23 am
In lkwd center of town will know exactly what you need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars