Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Why does it seem like this section get's so few responses.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:23 pm
I have been wearing wigs for a long time.. I love reading about shaitels and different people's experiences. I noticed that this is not a high traffic page. Someone asked a few days ago what is the best wig to buy if money was not an option..you'd think there would be a ton of responses..there wasn't!! why isn't this a high traffic page? There are so many women covering their hair and it's a big part of a lot of our lives and we invest so much into them..so why isn't there a lot going on?

hodeez

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:26 pm
Because it usually devolves into
-why shaving your head is assur
-wigs are assur
-wigs are more tznius than tichels and vice versa
-arguing about different psaks received even though we all have DIFFERENT rabbis with DIFFERENT hashkafot
-someone erroneously claiming that Kimchit had to witness 7 of her sons die

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:30 pm
Gonna disagree with this. I dont even open those threads so cant be because of these reasons alone. I dont know why I dont open them though so I cant help answer. I just am not interested. I wear what I wear and if I were to be in the parsha to get something new id probably trust someone in real life more than someone anonymous on the internet.

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:48 pm
Probably because it’s in almost every conversation in real life. Where as SB problems. Problems with a kids etc isn’t. But curious which thread your talking about cuz would love it know which wig to buy if money wasn’t an issue ☺️

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:48 pm
Because there isn’t much about sheitals I would be interested in reading. It’s not something I buy every day so that once in 10 or so years that I am looking to buy I would browse forums but the rest of the time it would just be irrelevant.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:51 pm
Because they arnt juicy lol. People love to argue so if it’s about what sheitel to buy then it’s quiet. If it escalates into a shaving or lace top/cap, or sheitel length type of discussion then all of a sudden there’s a million posts

Earnest

Post Wed, Oct 13 2021, 10:45 pm
Because it invites criticism which can lead to loshon hara and women here are very frum (can't decide it that's sarcasm or not...)

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 9:31 am
I don't feel like I can properly express the pros of my sheitel if you cant see it.
What looks good on one can look wrong on another and I'm not wasting my energy.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Oct 14 2021, 9:44 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have been wearing wigs for a long time.. I love reading about shaitels and different people's experiences. I noticed that this is not a high traffic page. Someone asked a few days ago what is the best wig to buy if money was not an option..you'd think there would be a ton of responses..there wasn't!! why isn't this a high traffic page? There are so many women covering their hair and it's a big part of a lot of our lives and we invest so much into them..so why isn't there a lot going on?

It's not a big part of my life. I stick it on my head and go. Wash and set every 6 weeks or so. And then keep on going.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 5:44 pm
I agree. I'm so frustrated. I'm having a hard time buying a sheitel and keep coming here for information and there is not much Sad

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 6:15 pm
A lot of people end up with lemons and don't have what to recommend. It's a really difficult purchase and many of us push it off because we know how frustrating such a purchase is.

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 6:31 pm
I’m a sheitel macher. AMA. In terms of the best wig that money can buy- it varies. Dini can make u something super super custom. A lot of people with sensory issues love her nets. Yafi in Israel and Ruchi Amit both have stunning shiny luscious yummy hair...

amother
Daffodil

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 6:33 pm
As far as why this is no traffic. I’ll echo PP. people love tea. They are here for the gossip and to rile things up. Lace tops have been some of the most controversial and replied to topics.
Notice how any woman with a husband who isn’t treating her right is getting mountains of advice. Yep those are the hottest topics. (For better or worse)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels