Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Are you a Genius?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:19 pm
Hi. I'm Pansy from the other thread.

The thread got locked before I got a chance to post the answer for the suitcase riddle. (Why was it locked?)

So here it is:
MUM22 gave a great answer (you are on a roll!), and my answer is basically the same concept, just slightly different.

John puts a second lock (to which he has the key) onto the suitcase and passes the double locked suitcase over to Mike. Mike uses the key to open the first lock and remove it. Then he passes the (still locked) suitcase back to John who is now able to open the second lock with his key. Now he can open the case.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi. I'm Pansy from the other thread.

The thread got locked before I got a chance to post the answer for the suitcase riddle. (Why was it locked?)

So here it is:
MOM22 gave a great answer (you are on a roll!), and my answer is basically the same concept, just slightly different.

John puts a second lock (to which he has the key) onto the suitcase and passes the double locked suitcase over to Mike. Mike uses the key to open the first lock and remove it. Then he passes the (still locked) suitcase back to John who is now able to open the second lock with his key. Now he can open the case.

I'm amother tangerine from that thread. Nice answer!

Mum22 I apologise for stealing your answer it was not intentional. Its after midnight here and my brain needs sleep rather than trying to compete with geniuses!

mum22

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 5:49 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
I'm amother tangerine from that thread. Nice answer!

Mum22 I apologise for stealing your answer it was not intentional. Its after midnight here and my brain needs sleep rather than trying to compete with geniuses!

After midnight for me too.

But this was fun!

No worries, happy to share answers Smile

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 6:51 pm
Nobody answered the hotel riddle...

Growing

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 6:56 pm
Why was the other thread locked Confused

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 6:58 pm
OK here is another fun one.

So Bill is a traveler. In his travels, he comes upon a rickety bridge that goes over a deep ravine. There is a sign that says: Caution! This bridge will hold a maximum of 180 lbs.

Bill weighs 170. The problem is that he has a suitcase that has some precious items that he can't leave behind. In his suitcase he has 3 silver balls. Each silver ball weighs 5 lbs. The total (Bill plus the 3 ball) would exceed the maximum weight the bridge can hold.

He must get to the other side, and there is no other way to go other than over the bridge. He can't leave the balls on one side and come back for them because they are too precious, and besides he is not sure the bridge will survive if he goes back and forth several times. He can't throw them over because the distance is too great.

Bill thinks about it for a long time. Finally he figures out a solution and proceeds to safely cross the bridge with his 3 balls.

How did he do it?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 6:58 pm
Growing wrote:
Why was the other thread locked Confused

I imagine the OP asked for it to be locked?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 7:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So Bill is a traveler. In his travels, he comes upon a rickety bridge that goes over a deep ravine. There is a sign that says: Caution! This bridge will hold a maximum of 180 lbs.

Bill weighs 170. The problem is that he has a suitcase that has some precious items that he can't leave behind. In his suitcase he has 3 silver balls. Each silver ball weighs 5 lbs. The total (Bill plus the 3 ball) would exceed the maximum weight the bridge can hold.

He must get to the other side, and there is no other way to go other than over the bridge. He can't leave the balls on one side and come back for them because they are too precious, and besides he is not sure the bridge will survive if he goes back and forth several times. He can't throw them over because the distance is too great.

Bill thinks about it for a long time. Finally he figures out a solution and proceeds to safely cross the bridge with his 3 balls.

How did he do it?

I really dont do well with riddles-even after explaining the answer it takes time for my brain to comprehend. After saying all that I think I may have gotten this one

He juggles them-this way one is always in the air and he's only holding 2 which is the last 10 lbs the bridge can hold

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 7:30 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I really dont do well with riddles-even after explaining the answer it takes time for my brain to comprehend. After saying all that I think I may have gotten this one

He juggles them-this way one is always in the air and he's only holding 2 which is the last 10 lbs the bridge can hold

Can’t really juggle 5lb balls 🥴

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 7:40 pm

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 7:49 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:

This is the correct answer!
(Though Seagreen makes a valid point.)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 7:50 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:

It's a little hard to see what underneath the writing.

dena613

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 7:56 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:

LOL!!!
Depends how many are spares, too small, or the neighbors'!!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:01 pm
The third pair from the bottom doesn't look like a match.

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

How did he do it?

Hmm... could he roll the balls with his foot as he goes?

Could he army-crawl across the bridge to spread out the weight?

Hold up - what does the suitcase itself weigh? Ditch that, stick the balls in his pockets!

Or what about taking down the caution sign? That's got to weigh at least 5 pounds. Problem solved.

Signed, not a genius but still like to make up answers to stuff.

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is the correct answer!
(Though Seagreen makes a valid point.)

Why is he okay juggling balls on a rickety bridge over a ravine when he couldn't bear to leave them to the side for one freaking second and run back for them? I call plot hole. lol

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:18 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Hmm... could he roll the balls with his foot as he goes?

Could he army-crawl across the bridge to spread out the weight?

Hold up - what does the suitcase itself weigh? Ditch that, stick the balls in his pockets!

Or what about taking down the caution sign? That's got to weigh at least 5 pounds. Problem solved.

Signed, not a genius but still like to make up answers to stuff.

I don't think he could chance the army crawl or rolling. The end result would be that there would be 185 lbs on the bridge at the same time.
I imagine that the sign was on the ground, not on the bridge itself.

But you are super creative!

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't think he could chance the army crawl or rolling. The end result would be that there would be 185 lbs on the bridge at the same time.
I imagine that the sign was on the ground, not on the bridge itself.

But you are super creative!

lol I like these things. Not for the same reasons geniuses do, perhaps. But still. ;-)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:21 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Why is he okay juggling balls on a rickety bridge over a ravine when he couldn't bear to leave them to the side for one freaking second and run back for them? I call plot hole. lol

I imagine a wide bridge. So he wouldn't be fearing for his life as he crosses. However he would need to be a pretty good juggler.

Also, the distance between the two sides is very great, so it's not like he could run back so fast. He probably doesn't want to leave the silver unattended for so long.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 8:21 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
lol I like these things. Not for the same reasons geniuses do, perhaps. But still. ;-)

What are the reasons that's geniuses like them?
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics