Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
My heart breaks everyday!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:35 pm
Im the op of the other thread and im looking for help

My heart breaks every time I have to drop off my baby to the babysitter.
The babysitter seems very nice, but my baby is so quiet when I drop her off. And im scared shes quiet all day.

BH I was sooo lucky that my mother watched her from when she was a newborn till now (8 months).

I drove to work depressed!
Im a speech therapist. I really dont want to work with other kids. I wish I could be home with my baby and enjoy her instead of working.

Working moms, how do you do it?

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:42 pm
I just started last month, first baby. So it’s been really tough for me..

One thing that has made a huge difference is the babysitter sends videos and pictures at the end of most days and I can see for myself that he’s really enjoying it and being well taken care of

We plan to move next month and he’ll be starting in a new group, and this lady doesn’t do that. I’m honestly so anxious about the switch because of that! I really don’t know how I’m going to handle it

Hugs. I know we need to do this but it doesn’t make it suck any less..

amother
OP

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:45 pm
amother [ Sunflower ] wrote:
I just started last month, first baby. So it’s been really tough for me..

One thing that has made a huge difference is the babysitter sends videos and pictures at the end of most days and I can see for myself that he’s really enjoying it and being well taken care of

We plan to move next month and he’ll be starting in a new group, and this lady doesn’t do that. I’m honestly so anxious about the switch because of that! I really don’t know how I’m going to handle it

Hugs. I know we need to do this but it doesn’t make it suck any less..

The morah sends me a picture a day, and in the 2 pics I got so far she wasnt smiling she was just staring at the camera Sad but she was surrounded by toys and there was another little girl with her...

the morah takes rly good care of her tho bh

Roots

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:38 am
even though ive done it 4 times, with 4 children its still hard the first few weeks. its true no one takes goood care like mommy. but you have to remember this is how a baby grows and learns to accept more ppl, to not be held all the time and how to play on her own for a while
the ppl I sent to never took pics of videos for me and it was just me davening to Hashem every day that my child should b in good hands

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 12:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The morah sends me a picture a day, and in the 2 pics I got so far she wasnt smiling she was just staring at the camera Sad but she was surrounded by toys and there was another little girl with her...

the morah takes rly good care of her tho bh

I think in the beginning, the main thing is that the child is in good hands. Many children need time to acclimate to a new place and once they do, then come the smiles and interaction.
If you know your child is being well taken care of, tell yourself that you're happy your child is in good hands. That's the most important for now. And then give it at least 2 weeks for the child to adjust and to see them play and smile.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 1:25 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I think in the beginning, the main thing is that the child is in good hands. Many children need time to acclimate to a new place and once they do, then come the smiles and interaction.
If you know your child is being well taken care of, tell yourself that you're happy your child is in good hands. That's the most important for now. And then give it at least 2 weeks for the child to adjust and to see them play and smile.

thank you.
how do I know if my baby doesnt like it there? she is a very easy baby kah always smiling only cries if she is hungry. other than that she is always happy!

amother
Bone

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 7:14 am
My heart breaks when I drop off my one and a half year old. What can I say? It’s hard!

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 7:26 am
I worked in a playgroup 18- 24 month olds.

Amd lets just say I would never send my baby out willingly.
Definitely make sure the babies are being stimulated, there they walked around bored and aimlessly
I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear.

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 7:30 am
I love my children's babysitter. It is a group of elderly women. One of them is a wife of a dayan and when I have called in the past to ask a shaila and the dayan has not been available she has said to me, call back in an hour, shefele. I become so emotional that she is so nice to me, a random stranger. Of course I trust her with my babies.

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 7:42 am
I have a hard time sending out my kids. Bh my 4th is 8 moths old. So far she is with me at work but its getting very hard to work with her. She is also not the easiest baby. I wont send her out though till she isn't relying on me for food. She currently wont take solids.

amother
Pear

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 8:06 am
My toddler is now in her 4th daycare setting, started at 6 weeks. In each one she was silent for a month or two whilr she got used to it and then perked up and thrived once she acclimated. She's excited to go every day

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 9:18 am
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
I worked in a playgroup 18- 24 month olds.

Amd lets just say I would never send my baby out willingly.
Definitely make sure the babies are being stimulated, there they walked around bored and aimlessly
I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear.

If you worked there, why didn't you make sure the kids aren't bored and not stimulated?
My son is in an amazing playgroup, with a packed schedule. They basically have a nursery curriculum. He comes home knowing so much. Kids walking around bored in playgroup is the exception to the rule. (I think.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics